You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Salute to our gallant Armymen on the 70th Army Day

On 15th January, 1949, General (later Field Marshal) K.M. Cariappa became the first Indian Chief of the Indian Army. To commemorate this historic event, Indian Army celebrates Army Day every year on 15th January. As I am writing this post, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat is inspecting the Parade and taking salute at the Cariappa Parade Ground in New Delhi.

On Army Day, I salute the Armymen and veterans of Indian Army. On this day, I pray that the Indian Army must create terror in the hearts of the enemies (both external and internal) of the country, be a source of constant inspiration to our friends and citizens of the country. We must take a pledge on this day not to belittle or ridicule this great Army and its great soldiers in any manner.
    I wish all the soldiers, retired and serving, a very Happy Army Day! I pay my respects and tributes to all those brave men in uniform who had laid down their lives for the Motherland. A big salute to the families of all the soldiers.
    'Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment'- Lao Tzu

My tributes and respects to all the army people who lost their lives while safeguarding the interest of the Country.
    The public and the nation is in their safe hands 24X7. They always think of the country only before their family or life comes into their mind. We are safely sleeping in our houses with the confidence of these people who are safeguarding the whole Nation. I wish all the defence community present and past a happy army day. Let us all join together in congratulating this army personnel for the services they are rendering to the nation.

drrao
    always confident

In his Army Day speech, General Rawat has strongly warned Pakistan Army and those who belittle/ridicule Indian Army in social media.

Indian Army has struck terror killing 8 Paki soldiers and 6 terrorists on Army Day.

Those who enjoy belittling Indian Army, beware!

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Good that India is celebrating the 70th Army day today and we the citizens owe every armed personnel the deserved respect and we should always be thankful to them as they safeguard us from the evil eyes of enemy nations.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

'He gives his today for our tomorrow'. Our Salutes and respect for the Armymen and best wishes on the Army Day this year. The Indian Army is a force to reckon and ranks among the top armies in the world. We and every Indian would be proud of our Army for safeguarding our lives and the country making the ultimate sacrifice.

Somewhere I read this inspiration quote - "OUR FLAG DOES NOT FLY BECAUSE THE WIND BLOWS IT; IT FLIES WITH THE LAST BREATH OF EVERY SOLDIER WHO DIED DEFENDING IT."

A true words which define Indian Army. I have no words to express my feeling towards them or gratitude them. I was fortunate that little year of my early life spent in army quarter in Kolkata. Where I was able to see our army men life from so close. The face which glow in the uniform is one of the most mesmerising experience in my whole life. Initially, I wanted to be a army person however, the fate of mine does not allow to fulfil my dream.

I am speechless when to say about our soldiers our army men. Hats off to them for the security they provide for the Nation and for us.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.