You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

"The worst crime in the world is indecision."

The most difficult thing is to make a decision. It is very easy to advise others but when it comes to us, it becomes very difficult. We tend to become indecisive and postpone it by sitting on the fence. In our life, we are required to take many decisions. They may be minor decisions of not much of consequence or may be major decisions that may have long-lasting effects on our life. Every decision making is a risk but remaining indecisive is the worst form of risk.We have to think the pros and cons, take advise from others and decide. Remaining indecisive without taking any action becomes an obstacle to the advancement of life. Once a decision is taken, stick to it confidently. Do not get disheartened when there is opposition or jeering from others. Be a person of your own ideas and perceptions. Be decisive in your life and progress without fear.
    I fully agree with the author. Decision-making is not very easy. We need a logical mind to take a decision. Remaining indecisive may be a very easy option, but this does not always pay. Every decision has some pros and cons but we have to logically analyse the pros and cons and ultimately take the decision. Without taking a decision is harmful in the long run.

In management, various decision-making theories and models are taught. Herbert Simon's theory is the most famous theory in this regard. All of us must read these theories and study, if possible, the models for better decision-making.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In some cases, postponing the decision is the decision taken as of now. Not taking a decision is also a strategy in some instances. If something you don't want to stop but you are not stopping it irrespective of the pressure outside. Such is also a decision of wait and watch.
    Not taking a decision in many cases is like attempting for suicide. Either right or wrong, you should take a decision and follow it. But before taking a decision understand the issue thoroughly and think of the consequences and consults the other stakeholders and make a decision and stick to it. This is the attitude which is more desirable.
    PV Narasimha Rao was very much known for this not taking a decision immediately. He was of the opinion that wait and watch, the solutions will emerge naturally. That is his philosophy. He is very famous for this technic.

drrao
    always confident

Not taking a decision is also a decision followed by PV Narasimha Rao and waiting for the natural decision!
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Neeraj, not taking a decision is also counted as a decision if that decision not to take a decision is conclusive.
    To be indecisive means not taking a conclusive decision or wherein one is not sure about what he should decide; whether to do it or not to do it or to leave it where it is. Once you are able to conclude as to what is to be done, it means you have arrived at a decision. Indecisiveness is a state of confusion where you are not able to fix the route you want to follow. You may answer a question in the positive or in the negative or be neutral or can choose to remain silent/ inactive also. Indecisiveness can be said to be a crime when you do not take a firm decision and keeps changing your decision on and off. Not letting your opinion, thought or action remain on the fence is what is called a decision.

'Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment'- Lao Tzu

Nicely opined by the author. We have to be decisive on all matters. Either positive or negative. we must have the guts to take the decision whether it favours us or not. Decisions are always coupled with uncertainties and risk of even loosing money and fame. But nothing comes for free in this world. If we want to be successful than others, we must take risk and attempt to achieve success. Never mind all the attempts may not be successful, but we will at least have the satisfaction of having participated and given a great fight to the opponent. And those who have taken risk and forged ahead are the winners with profit and they would also learned the bitter lesson of how to live with competition and courage. No one would teach you the intricacies of life. In fact every has gone through the risk factors of life and then they have achieved quantum of success. For some it may be continued process and for many it may be one time experience.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Whatever specified by the author, it comes true in my life. After completing my intermediate level, I went for EAMCET coaching in Vijayawada. Before that I had written TTC, While I was in coaching, TTC results guaranteed seat anywhere in Andhra Pradesh because I have got
    75th rank in statewide. But, unfortunately I did not show interest by taking firm decision to get engineering seat in reputed college. For that I sought coaching for it. Last date of joining in TTC course was crossed. I did not get engineering seat at that time. If I went to TTC, my service as teacher would be 40 years up to retirement and I was in old pension system. Now I am in the same profession, but my service was reduced to 34 years and lacking old pension system.

What I am saying is that before taking any decision, we have to think about pros and cons about the result of decision. Immediate decisions will smash our future and through our life in dirty well. We can see in news papers that a husband kills his wife because of doubt about the character of his wife. Therefore, their children becomes orphans. So, decision taking is very important than the actual process as a result of the decision.

When it comes to major decisions, in my view, taking a decision in haste or with over-confidence is the worst crime than indecision. This is simply because decision is life are complex and the answers are not in black or white but in shades of grey.

It depends on the importance of the event/issues up for a decision, the environment and the impact of a wrong decision. The time spent in indecision before arriving at the decision depends on the individual, level of maturity, patience and the ability to withstand the fallout of a wrong decision.

Hasty decisions, impromptu conclusions has its own bag of troubles. Barring a life or death situation or an emergency, it is good to have a short period of apparent indecisiveness, wherein you seriously check the facts at hand, the unknown component and the effects of a correct or a wrong decision. There is a thin line between a rational decision and a rash decision.

• Sign In to post your comments