You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Arunachal Pradesh has achieved the target two years before the deadline

Those small and beautiful states can never make it to the headlines. Beautiful, honest and simple people of those states are neglected by the people of other states of the country. But the states and the people living in these states are way ahead in various socio-economic parameters than the people of other states of India.

I am talking about the north-eastern states of the country. Although these states are way ahead in various socio-economic parameters, the people of these states are continuously striving hard for their own betterment. Little bit of assistance to them can do wonders. This has again been proved by Arunachal Pradesh.

The eastern-most state of the country has become the second state to become Open Defecation Free (ODF). The first one was Sikkim. The state has achieved the target almost two years before the national deadline of 2nd October, 2019.

This has been announced by the proud Cheif Minister of the state, Shri Pema Khandu. The project to make the state ODF was undertaken under the Swachh Bharat Mission. The financial support was provided by the Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Government of India. The Chief Minister has gratefully acknowledged the enthusiastic participation of people of the state, even in the remotest border areas. Needless to state, without active support and participation of the people of the state, this task could not bee completed so early.

Congratulations to the people of Arunachal Pradesh.

Yes, it is true that north-eastern states are often advanced in many area and sector but still neglected and their stories are not much highlighted on the television. But this list of negligence does not end here it also consist of some other states also which doesn't get much media attention unless suffering from some kind of disaster for eg- hill state of Uttrakhand.
    So with congratulating Arunachal Pradesh for its endeavor and achievement, I would also add the name of My state Uttrakhand which has made 4th in this list of getting open defecation free state.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I am really feeling happy that North Eastern states are also vying with each other to participate with main stream states in achieving the national targets on many issues. Normally we wont get the news from North eastern states as we are not listening to All India Radio news at all. But being the follower of Minister Kiren Rijuju, I am getting lots of information from the North eastern states and also some wonderful images. I am ever grateful to the minister for updating his social media handle and that gives larger information about those seven sisters. My congrats to Arunachala Pradesh citizens for acquiring the status of ODF.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

And in this series, I want to add GHMC , the Hyderabad Municipal Corporation has become totally ODF and stands second after Mumbai Metro city. This is for the information of the members.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We have heard about jokes made by foreign visitors and tourists about OD in India. This is a great step forward, when each state becomes ODF, then it would be a tremendous achievement for all of us. It is such basic things like drinking water, sanitation etc that are a struggle for people in remote or rural areas. Earlier we used to read about the reluctance of rural people to change and accept newer programs, but this proves that the people have changed and we need to support them.
    Congratulations to Arunachal Pradesh for this success, this would be a big boost to the ODF campaign. We should applaud the people of the state for their efforts because, even in big cities (where we say people are well educated), we still see people following Open Urination. I hope other states do join this list very soon.

It is very pleasant to note that Arunachal Pradesh achieved the feat in an advance time of two years. My hearty congratulations to those people who made this thing happened in their state. It is very nice to note that Sikkim is the first in this project and followed by Arunachal Pradesh in the second place.
    In many aspects, these northeastern states are neglected. Even then they are doing a tremendous work and showing tremendous progress in many areas. This shows the commitment and dedication of the people of the state to bring their states to a leading position in India. Of course, people only can do miracles if they really wanted to do. But it can't be achieved by forcing on people.
    In the city like Hyderabad also in the outskirts of the city, the habit of Open Defecation is observed and it is still a long way to achieve this. Many people stop their vehicle on the roadside answer their nature call on the roadside itself. This habit has to go. No governemnt can achieve anything without the support of the people.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments