English Conversation Contest- Participate and win prizes!Dear members,
keeping the enthusiastic responses to our previous Conversation contests in mind, we are announcing another English Conversation Contest! All members including editors are welcome to participate.
Please read the guidelines and instructions given here carefully and follow them strictly.
Given below is the list of characters/ scenarios based on which you have to submit your conversation:
1. Two students discussing their method of preparing for examinations.
2. Two friends sharing their experiences about the last Republic Day parade they witnessed in Delhi.
3. Two MLAs discussing the various points (you may concentrate on a common issue or different issues) related to their constituencies.
4. A shop owner and a customer arguing over payment of the bill by cash.
5. A young couple discussing the distribution of household chores between them.
6. A family charting out their plan to visit Delhi to attend the 2018 Republic Day Parade (not more than three characters).
7. You meet your favorite author during a journey and start a conversation with him/ her.
Guidelines for the Conversation contest:
1. Members can submit only a single entry.
2. Please do not use HTML tags in the conversation text.
3. Submit your entries as a response to this thread itself. Please make a mention of the topic selected before your entry.
4. Conversations should be in English only and should be brief and not very lengthy. The number of words cannot be specified as it is a conversation contest but to give you a bracket, just keep in mind that this is a forum contest. The conversation, when read at an average speed, must not exceed three minutes.
5. You can select any of the above given characters/ scenarios even if there are already conversations submitted on it by some other members.
6. Please do not use short forms of words, slang or vulgar words. You can bring in humor but no double meaning conversations please.
7. Please pay attention to your grammar and spellings.
8. Conversations should be creative but at the same time should be realistic too.
9. Your entries should be self-explanatory without any additional explanations or clarifications. There is no need to detail the background or typical situation etc.
10. Do not post unnecessary responses in this thread other than for clearing any valid doubt related to this contest.
1. Two best entries would receive a cash prize of Rs.150/- each and a certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.
2. There would be two second prizes with a cash prize of Rs.100/- each.
3. The third prize would be of Rs.75/-
4. Consolation prizes if any will depend on the number of entries received.
5. Suitable entries would be considered for additional points and cash.
Sample format for the conversation entry:
A conversation between two MLAs:
And so on. You can also give fictitious names to your characters.
Last date of entry will be 24 January 2018.
So, what are we waiting for? Get, Set, Go!