You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

As expected South Africa won the Series with 2-0 lead

I wrote before I will raise the thread after each and every game result that is played in sun foil test series and the time has come what I told becomes true.South Africa seal the series with 2-0 lead the other test match is a dead rubber.What is your opinion on this?Do the Hard core 'Indian' study channel fans digest this?What is your say on this?Knowledgeable members,please respond to the question.
    Bhushan, I am waiting for you to appear. Your prediction proved to be correct. I am not having much knowledge of cricket and it's intricacies. The better team won the match and series. We have to take losses also into our stride. This is a game and whoever may win, ultimately it is the sportsmanship that wins.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

My reply still remains the same as I did for two threads just before the start of the series. It wouldn't be an easy job to take on South Africa in their backyard. We should accept to lose a match/es as long as the margin is narrow. Virat Kohli would be blamed quickly if we do not perform well. We should be hopeful as Indians about our team. What you have said has become true, you deserve credit for your assessment without emotions/sentiments.

I say it in a different way. Indian team has given the match to South Africa. The way they have played especially in the batting and fielding, we should feel bad for their performance. In the first innings, Virat has made a century but no other batsman supported him. Hence the team is not able to establish the lead off first innings but given a small lead to South Africans.The fielding was so bad that they have given many runs and dropped catches and curtailed our bowlers from getting wickets.
    The batsmen played very badly. The way Pujara gave away his wickets as run outs in both the innings is not at all acceptable. He reached almost the spot but never bothered to ground the bat. So foolish. His failure proved to be a loss to the country. In both the tests, our people fared very badly and they deserve losses only. Why Rahane was not there in playing 11 is a question which can't be understood or replied by any other except Kohli and Ravi Sastry the great man behind.

drrao
    always confident

Actually its not the fault of the Cricketers, its the problem with IPL or T-20 cricket which are more played throughout year than a typical 5 days test match. The waiting game and playing with the merit of each ball thrown out to batsman is lost. Sometimes I wonder what our batsmen would have done if they had to face the fast bowlers of 70s-80s? Now, is there anyone who can be called as typical test match player in Indian team? Cheteshwar Pujara can go to some extent but after him who? All other players are called stroke player. The classic player like Gavaskar, Dravid, Laxman are missing. Test match is not only played for only to win or score, saving a test match is equal to winning the match.

The famous quote to play a test match is - Give your 30-40 minutes to bowler and take the entire day from them. I don't find anyone in this team who can wait at least 15 minutes at the wicket. With this mind set, only T-20 matches are won and not the test match.

Mr.Jeet Singh has a valid point, with the T20 format, the art of playing a test match, to survive the initial scares, to work towards building the partnership and steady the innings have slowly diminished. Also, traditionally test matches a few years ago was played with the intention of settling for a draw, now the captains plan and go for a win. We need someone along the likes of 'The Wall' Rahul Dravid and workhorses in the bowling department. But let's not take the credit from the Proteas for getting two successive wins.

Your prediction is found to be correct. I think, you are having brilliant mind analyzing the complexities of cricket. Is result of the game anything to do with pitch preparation?
    Anyway, Congratulations to South African Team!

With the recent loss in test match, team India is again in the waiting list to get the first ever test series victory in South African soil. I would say that the bowlers performed decently well. They were able to get some early wickets and give pressure to South Africa. Some of the players like Bumrah and Shami bowled well and picked up important wickets. But I could not see any proper show from the batsmen. As said by Jeet Singh in above response, there is player in current team who can play the test match with class. Test match is all about patience. I can see the players showing it only when too many wickets are down. Some other players should be given an opportunity to play at least in the dead rubber test match.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Just because your prediction become true, we cannot arrive at the notion that our team is weak against South Africa. Mind it our boys gave their best and in cricket the best side wins. Nevertheless this defeat would be a eye opener to the selectors and also the players that back in India how fans are having very high hopes on them and all that was shattered with defeat in the series. And especially the bowling department did well with special mention about Bumrah and Shami as both gave their wicket taking performance. By the way in the absence of able support from other players Virat ton goes in vain.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@Mohan,
    Individual brilliance was there in the Past.As we Saw Sachin and Azhar scored tons in South African soil and still we lose the test matches there.Rohit Sharma who will score double, triple tons in India not even able to cross double-digit mark in South Africa. I think South Africans given some mercy to Virat to score 150 runs in the Second Test match.Ashwin(Tamil Nadu) who got Man of the Match match in every match when he plays in India.The captain is afraid to give the ball for to bowl his overs in South Africa and so as Murali Vijay(with the Bat) failed miserably.

A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

The head coach, Ravi Shastri, has expressed his view that things would have been better if the Indian team had reached South Africa two weeks earlier. He has also criticized the poor shot selection of the Indian batsmen and has been putting the team through good practice sessions ahead of the third test tomorrow. Let's hope if we can win or at least have a draw.

The fact is we lost the series.

Can't do anything as we can't go to past but rather to find the shortcoming & converting the same to strength & fight back.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.