You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I am a proud secular and liberal person. Are you?

I am an individual. I am a Hindu and continue to be so. I love and respect my religion. I am not a religious fanatic. I am a secular person and I respect all the other religions. If I have any problem with others it is due to their acts but not the religion. I am proud to be a secular person. Are you so as an individual and as a part of the society?
    I am a person of liberal thinking. I think not for myself alone. I think about the others also in the society. I form my opinions after assimilation of all the information. I am a human being. I have my faults. I always try to see that no one is affected or harmed by my actions. I may not be helpful to all with my limitations. Are you a liberal thinking person?
    Respond as an individual and as a part of the society.
    I am also a Hindu. I am an individual. I respect my religion. But at the same time I respect other religions also. But somebody tries to undermine my religion I feel bad. I never advise anybody to change their religion. I never care somebody advise me also. But somebody is trying to force , I will strongly object for it. I don't ask any body about theircaste or religion. Unless or otherwise somebody asks I will not bring that point for discussion. I want my country to be a true secular country. No previlagesto a particular religion is not correct in a secularcountry. I strongly feel it.
    I am aresponsiblehumanbeing . I will always try to help anyone Whois I need without expecting anything in return. I have helped so far about 150 persons to get jobs. In that number all caste people, all religions people are there. I may be doing some mistakes without knowing. I will try to avoid mistakes. I am a God fearing man and daily perform Pooja and pradharana.I try helping to the maximum possible.

drrao
    always confident

I am also Hindu and I am proud to be a India Hindu. In Hindu there are so many sects and I belong to Brahmin. I feel happy and contended to be in my religion. I also respect other religion. In fact I have more friends in Muslims and Christian and Parsi communities. In Hyderabad we have the habit of exchanging pleasantries with one another. Naturally we will be mingling with all religions and also visit their homes. What I feel that there is no hatred among the people over the religion. It is the politicians who sow the seeds of hat-redness. In fact on the day of Babri Masjid demolition I was very much in the old city and in the company of Muslims. I was safe and in fact protected by that community. I will not go by rumours or other instigating statements to go against other religion. I am educated and responsible citizen and my action speaks what I say.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I would like to make a sincere and earnest request to ISCians to please stop repeatedly raising threads of your personal stand about supporting a religion, of being secular despite being of a particular religion, of being a liberal, etc etc. If I am not mistaken, there was a thread by Neelam on similar lines, so the views expressed here could have been conveyed there itself. Also, give such views in ongoing discussions only where the relevance to expressing such views arises.

Kindly do not convert the ISC forum into a sort of platform solely for the vociferous airing of religious-based views over and over and over again. By all means, have healthy discussions, but at some point of time repeatedly discussing such issues looks like propaganda, don't you think?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.