You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I am your Arjuna You are my Krishna

"I am your Arjuna, you are my Krishna. I am like Arjuna dharmasammudhachetah — confused".

This above sentence was said to Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan by none other than Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. The quote is enough to prove as what kind of place S.Radhakrishnan has for India and Indian History.

However, This is not what I am going to discuss in this thread. Like how Gandhiji with such simplicity agreed to him that he is Arjuna who is confused. Have you ever said this to anyone whom you think could be your Krishna. Who can guide you when you are confused with any issue or situations.

To be honest, I have said this to my wife who is undoubtedly better knowledgeable and experienced than me. Whenever I have any confusion, I always take her advise.

So, who is your Krishna?
    Arjuna was the great warrior and that is why Krishna liked him very much. For that matter Yudhister, Bhima, Nakul and Sahadev are great warriors and taken training from Acharya Drona. But only Arjuna knows the intricacies of bow and arrow and he is well versed. Lord Krishna knows that even Karna is better than Arjuna in bow and arrow but he was on wrong side. By telling that I am the Arjuna for someone, are we really capable of safeguarding them in the event of danger. If that assurance is full and can be believed then we can declare that we are the Arjuna of so and so. And as for Krishna is concerned it all depends on we being the Arjuna.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan, one humble request is, just don't write anything. Please look out the context on what it is been said. Here Arjuna means not the warrior but the confused person who put down his weapons just before the war. In our daily life, we too get confused in some situations and we too need a guide like Krishna meaning the better knowledgeable person than we are.

Please remember, your view can change the entire meaning of mine this thread which is posted for totally different context.

Who said Arjuna was the confused person. He was only reluctant to wage war against those whom he was close and has the relation. But that has been quietly turned down by Krishna through his Geetha sermon.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Alright! Now let this thread have peaceful and interesting discussion. Shall we?

Arjuna who asked the Lord Krishna to take the chariot to the middle of the war area. Then after seeing all the relations in the opposite site got confused. He told Krishna that he couldn't fight them out. Then Krishna explained the fact of life and convinced him to start the war. Even though Arjuna is a great warrior if Krishna was not there, he might have lost the war. Like that many times we will also be losing our focus on our work and we will get disturbed and get out of track. Those times we have to look at the Krishna of our life. Presently I feel at the present junction my wife is my Krishna. Whenever I am out of mood or getting confused, I start looking at her. She is such a stable person who will never lose her focus and very clear in her perception. So I take her as my Krishna these days. During my studies and before joining job I was more depending on my mother's father for all the matters who Was advising me those days very aptly.
    drrao
    always confident

As humans, whenever we are at crossroads, we tend to be confused or at least concerned which path to take. This is not because we cannot walk either of the paths but because of the fear of the unknown and having no knowledge of what lies ahead. At such times, it is good to have someone who can look at the issue at hand with a fresh mind and speak frankly about the options and what would be better.
    For me, my family and a couple of friends are always present to bounce thoughts and ideas. I always found that given time a couple of days or a week if possible and you have a better clarity when you re-visit the issue or decision. Whatever be the outcome of our problems, we should not blame Krishna for it. I have seen people happy when all goes well when things don't happen as they want, then they start blaming the person who helped them.

• Sign In to post your comments