You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Income tax Payers, What are you expecting from 2018 -19 budget.

The Union budget for the financial year 2018-19 is on the way. It will be introduced in the parliament very soon. All the businessmen and tax paying employees are looking eagerly with some expectations. As an income taxpayer, I wish that no tax level should be moved upwards. The slabs for various income groups should also be revised or the tax rate for the mentioned levels should be brought down. The agricultural income exceeding 20 to 25 lacks a year should also be brought into tax purview. Non-taxpayers should be severely punished. I request the wishes of other members.
    What I feel that this is going to be the last budget for the NDA government led by PM Modi and surely there should be largess for the tax payers as the thanks giving gesture from government.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In my opinion, income tax is not serving the purpose of progressive taxation. Otherwise, how can we see 73 percentage of Indian wealth is concentrated in the hands of 1 percent of population. So, it is better to eliminate income tax and introduce higher wealth tax. We can easily estimate the wealth of each person if everything is linked to Aadhar number.

As a taxpayer, I too wish that tax evaders are taken to task seriously and the already burden salaried class should not be in for a surprise with new levies etc.
    Already the PM has hinted that the much-awaited budget is not going to be a populist one but focussed on growth.
    We should find a way to get many of the traders and the participants in unregulated markets into becoming IT payers. Among the super-rich, we need to find a way to collect taxes proportionate to their wealth.

• Sign In to post your comments