You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Best wishes on the occasion of India celebrating its 69th Republic day. Post your greetings here.

We all know that long years ago on this day at the stroke of midnight, we made the tryst with the destiny and now we have been entrusted with further more responsibility of redeeming the pledge to save our constitution and adopt the law in full and there by renewing our commitment to sovereign republic of India. I take pride in celebrating this great day for every countrymen and wish from my heart that India will lead in all spheres with inclusive co-operation from all with dedicated contributions in every field. You can post your greetings here.
    Already there was a similar thread raised by another author on the same topic. All the responses were there in that thread I think.
    drrao
    always confident

But I raised this thread early in the morning when the members were asleep and how come even the editors ignore the threads posted first.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think Mr. Mohan is right and logical. The later post on the same issue should be locked by the Editor.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Mohan,

Greetings on the Republic Day. Jai Hind.

Your post was not on the first page when I posted my thread. And I hadn't expected it to be have been relegated to the second page.

Partha,

The post in reference has wishes for the Republic Day, which I presume came from the heart. Locking the thread would be nothing short of sacrilege, especially when the responses in this post discuss what came first - the chicken or the egg. Having read the post, even you failed to wish the member(s) for the Republic Day. I am bemused at your support.

If the editors too think like you and feel that wishes on the Republic Day mean little, they are welcome to lock my thread.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I agree that Editors has to decide. But I remember for a festival like this two threads were opened. But the Editors closed immediately one thread. Anyhow let us not discuss much this point and we can leave it here, I think.
    drrao
    always confident

My previous comment was not to hurt any individual Member. There should be no scope for misunderstanding. On earlier occasions, I have seen that if two threads are posted on the same issue/occasion, the later one gets locked. Incidentally, I also posted a response to the Forum post of Ms. Juana. I came to know about Mr. Mohan's (present) post only in the evening. Then I made my previous comment.

Partha,

No offence was taken. I had to address the issue since your comment here was not in sync with your otherwise patriotic fervour. You missed the essence of the thread and focused on the insignificant issue.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

A great day in the history of our Freedom struggle. On 26th January 1930 (nineteen thirty), Indian National Congress declared 'Purna Swaraj', complete freedom from the British rule. That set the tempo for our Independence on 15th August 1947 and it took some time for our Indian constitution to come into force, the final version was approved on 26th November 1949 and finally promulgated by the Indian assembly on 26th January 1950, it became a republic.

Jai Hind! our salutes to all those who laid their lives and enabled the transition for a foreign ruled country to a free country governed by our own leaders.

I don't know why my simple comment creates so much controversy! I simply tried to remind the Editors of Forum section. Sometime they become very active, and sometime they forget.

• Sign In to post your comments