Or deep inside a different universe?
    Is He the only one?
    Or are there a million?
    For you God, I have a question.
    Tell me what is your religion.
    Are you a pagan?Are you a Christian?
    Are you an atheist with no religion?
    Down here we lay divided by your name.
    So, knowing your creed would be convenient.

Who is God?
    Where is God?
    Don't you find it odd?
    He doesn't answer at all?
    Do I lack faith?
    To see his face?
    Maybe I'm just
    Looking at the wrong place.
    I finally comprehend what God is.
    He is an unsolvable puzzle
    Who can only be believed.
    I hope you find an answer to your question(s).

Did you mean figment, instead of pigment? A 'figment' of my imagination.

“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.” - John Berger

Maybe for a GOD, there are no GODs. So he may be an atheist. Maybe you are correct.God is a belief only. What we have not seen or what we have not heard are beliefs only. But certain things we feel even though we won't see them. Like Air and hungry. We may not feel also GOD. But he may be a figment of many people's imagination. So it is said that when many people say the same thing it may become true. So many people's imagination will become real.
    drrao
    always confident

No Juana, it is pigment. Pigment as in a color added to your imagination.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya,

Yes, I did think of it as poetic license, but then wondered if there'd been an error since everything else in the piece was true to form.

“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.” - John Berger

A thought provoking thread to make us think rationally and logically.

The question 'Who is God?' has baffled the thinkers, philosophers and scientists but so far there is no answer. There may not be an answer in future also.

Due to our upbringing in a particular society, we have a concept towards God. It is so deeply embedded in our subconscious mind that we can not dare to think against it. Even if we come out of that, society will not be with us. Any person who is atheist is not respected or valued in the society of theists. You will be a stranger in your own house. The cleanest hearted man will be seen with the doubts in the mind of family members and relatives.

So many of us pretend to be God believer to avoid the wrath of our near and dears and continue our life under that false and foul umbrella.

Knowledge is power.

It is all a matter of faith.

We believe that the ones who raise us are the ones who gave birth to us. We do not go looking for proof - do we? We do not know it as a fact and yet we believe that the one we call mom to be our birth mother and the man we call dad, to be our biological father. We believe because we have faith in what we have been told to be a fact.

Similarly, the existence of God is a matter of belief and faith.

The Holy Bible says - Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

We do not have to see to believe.

Who is God? God is a force
    Where is God? God is a source
    A pigment of my imagination? Depends on ones thinking ability
    An alien from another dimension? Not at all. He is omni present
    Does He reside in every one of us? Yes but not visible, because we are sinners
    Or deep inside a different universe? He is everywhere
    Is He the only one? His incarnations are many
    Or are there a million? May be more
    For you God, I've a question. No question
    Tell me what is your religion. Being on this earth itself a great religion
    Are you a pagan?Are you a Christian? I am human being first
    Are you an atheist with no religion? When I a born in the cult I have a religion
    Down here we lay divided by your name. Name is the must for our recongition
    So, knowing your creed would be convenient. Yes

Don't you find it odd? No not at all
    He doesn't answer at all? who said
    Do I lack faith? no never
    To see his face? all imagination
    Maybe I'm just . wondering
    Looking at the wrong place. May not be
    I finally comprehend what God is. doubt
    He is an unsolvable puzzle . Who said it
    Who can only be believed . the faithfuls

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Who is God? -- God is love
    Where is God? -- wherever you want to see Me
    A pigment of my imagination? -- use as many pigments as you like
    An alien from another dimension? -- no; yes
    Does He reside in every one of us? -- only where invited
    Or deep inside a different universe? -- I am bigger than 'universe'
    Is He the only one? -- yes
    Or are there a million? -- I sent you my son
    For you God, I've a question.
    Tell me what is your religion. -- Love
    Are you a pagan?Are you a Christian? -- no; my son came as Me
    Are you an atheist with no religion? -- no; love is my religion
    Down here we lay divided by your name. -- I am not copyrighted as on earth
    So, knowing your creed would be convenient. -- read my words written

Who is God?
    Where is God?
    Don't you find it odd? -- now who is odd?
    He doesn't answer at all? -- my answers don't need anyone's certification; always geared to your good
    Do I lack faith?
    To see his face? -- I don't call it lack of faith, it is 'seeking truth'
    Maybe I'm just
    Looking at the wrong place. -- you can find me anywhere, I am not stuck on any place
    I finally comprehend what God is.
    He is an unsolvable puzzle
    Who can only be believed . -- After all the above you found something about me. Enjoy!

Oh oh! Looks similar to above response 624283. I didn't copy that; enjoy anyway.

Whether you believe in God or not it is purely a personal choice and I respect that. well to many of your questions in a poetic way, there can be both answers (most of them) i.e., yes or no. But me, as a believer in God I might not have a scientific or logical answer to your questions and yes God is everywhere, larger than this universe and he has no religion. There is no race, color, ethnicity for God. He does not answer directly for anyone but he has his way with it. You must sense them and understand his message. As Thomas always Edison said 'creation requires creator' so I believe that this entire cosmos didn't come into existence without a creator and that supreme creator is God and I have deep faith in him.

I don't believe in religion or many Gods, I just feel them as apparation of the one supreme God. I don't have religious inclination as well and I believe in single religion, Humanity.

Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

Believing or not believing in God is not the key issue, it is the individuals choice. The biggest problem in our country is the self-proclamation that my God is superior to others and the way in which ideologies are enforced is the name of God.

I believe in God and I respect others with regards to their choices and faiths. I go to temples not to pray at the idol (which we can do it at home) but such places are filled with positive energy and it is easy to stay focused.

To the analytical mind that thinks rationally, God is someone who obviously cannot be seen, the closet such thinkers can connect to God is 'Having Hope'. Hope, to me is pure and eternal, it is an inner feeling that surpasses boundaries, one sincerely hopes that difficulties pass by, good things happen etc. This hope is directly connected to a Higher force (that old-timers call as God).

A great thread Aditya, now if you replace the term God with Hope, can you see the difference?. Hope is everywhere, among all faiths, rich and poor, young and old, it has a face that is unique in the minds of each one. You too would have given a shape to it Aditya!

Hope is the most practical form, closest to God that the modern inquisitive mind can get as an answer to such questions.So, as long as we humans have 'Hope' , 'God' does exist.

• Sign In to post your comments