You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rest in peace, Chandan Gupta!

You were taking part in a motorcycle rally at Kasganj. It was named Tiranga Yatra on the occasion of Republic Day. You, along with other participants, were shouting ''Vande Mataram'' and ''Bharat Mata ki Jai''. Perhaps these two slogans were very very objectionable to some residents of Badu Nagar. So, they objected and armed goons attacked the rally. You died while chanting ''Vande Mataram''.

It is a shame for all of us that even after 70 years of independence, an Indian citizen has to die for chanting ''Vande Mataram'' and ''Bharat Mata ki Jai''. It is a shame for all of us that media-vultures are observing silence on your death and violence at Kasganj, Uttar Pradesh. We, the common Indians, are ashamed that your mother's cry doesn't reach the deaf ears of the intellectuals of India.

Rest in Peace, Chandan Gupta!
    Chandan Gupta has become martyr and very sad to know that his life has to end in this way. This is one more example of fringe group taking law into their hands.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very sad to know his life has ended in this way. You are right that it is shame for all of us
    May he rest in peace.

Chandan Gupta died because of his patriotism. He was chanting Bharat Mata Ki Jai and Vande Mataram. The people killed him for this. A very sad incident. Now TV felt the pinch. No Politician is annoyed. No hue and cry in any university. Why? Probably he is a sincere patriot. Its real shame on the part of every Indian.
    drrao
    always confident

Chandan Gupta's mother, Sangeeta Gupta, said to India Today: ''Shoot me too. I sing Vande Mataram. I say Bharat Mata ki Jai. My son Chandan was not linked to any political party. They forced him to say Pakistan Zindabad. He refused. They shot and killed him.''

Where is the ''Award Wapsi'' gang? Where are those liberal intellectuals?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

A sad and tragic end of a life on the Republic Day. Violence between two groups, his death and the unrest, later on, is something we should be concerned and ashamed off. Just yesterday in the bullfight thread, i mentioned that life in India is considered as 'very cheap' by some who resort to taking it in a matter of few minutes. May he rest in peace

An infamous (famous) liberal journalist Rajdeep Sardesai blamed Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) for the violence. He also tweeted: "Let Chandan's family grieve in peace without stirring more trouble now''.

All efforts are being made to put this tragic death of the young man under the carpet of 'sickularism'.

This is very sad that a young boy lost his life just for participating in Tiranga Yatra on the Republic Day. I saw the interview of the mother of the boy. She blamed the police for their role as a spectator. She blamed that police did not react timely. This questions the law and order situation in UP. I have seen on TV that the MP and MLA of the area were busy in a concert while there was arson and violence in Kasganj. The politicians are playing their politics and no body is interested to nab the culprit. The culprit is at large.

The UP government should bring this case to logical conclusion and punish the culprit in such a way that next time no body should dare to do so. We are seeing that the political parties are playing their blame game and trying to extract political mileage on the murders of Journalist and anti-superstition activists in Karnataka.

The UP government has sent a report to the center. It is probing whether it was pre-planned, 118 people have been arrested. It would be difficult to say who started it or who was first. It would be a fitting tribute to this young life, if further such deaths are prevented. I think the religious leaders of both sides should have an informal meet at a national level and broker peace between groups.

Latest update: Saleem, the main accused in the Chandan Gupta murder case, has been arrested by UP police today. His two main accomplishes and brothers, Naseem and Waseem, are still absconding.

Latest update:

Yesterday Sushil Gupta, father of Late Chandan Gupta, said that when he was sitting outside, two motorcycle-borne riders came and said to him: "Those who killed your son are in Jail but we are not, don't try to mess with us; it will be much harmful to you".

Yesterday, Kasganj riot was discussed in the Rajya Sabha, but the entire opposition didn't utter a single word for Chandan Gupta and his terrified father.

• Sign In to post your comments