You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

What is the allowable words for an approved article of ISC?

What are the allowable words for an article to be approved in ISC? Normally 500 to 1500 words per article are acceptable. But sometimes an article is unnecessarily extended to 500 words. Why not 300 to 400 words are not acceptable?
    There is no hard and fast rule in this regard. However, articles within 500-1000 words are generally preferred. If your article is more than 1000 words, then it would be better to divide it into two parts.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

I feel 500 words minimum in an article will be a very reasonable limit. If we bring it down the article looks too small and we may not be able to do justice to the subject what we have selected to write on. Of course, this may depend on the subject we choose. Anyhow it is the discretion of the Editors and the management of this site to decide on. I strongly feel an article should have minimum 500 words to have a meaningful and good article.
    drrao
    always confident

It depends on the article. Articles especially of the "How to..." variety can't be extended unnecessarily and in such a case the Editors should allow it.

I totally agree with Ankit. Some articles are straightforward and readers do not read the complete article. People nowadays want very short and meaningful article. Sometimes I felt that article with a minimum of 300 words should be preferable.
    Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Previously ISC also accepted small and crisp articles . And over the period of time the length of the article was made to minimum 500 words and maximum no limit. ISC expects detailed article and not short cut one. If one writes detailed article with illustrations and infrographics created on own even small article can look with good presentation. Even I am also averse to reading big articles unless and until the article is useful to me. Small articles should be considered by ISC as suggested by the author of course completing with all the details expressed in heading and summary.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I totally agree with Ankit. Some articles are straightforward and readers do not read the complete article. People nowadays want very short and meaningful article. I feel that article with a minimum of 300 words should be preferable.
    Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Most of the articles are beyond 500 words and that is a reasonable limit. However there are some articles like recipes, news item etc which may be over in 300 -350 words. In such cases it appears to extend them unnecessarily to 500 words.

So those are some exceptional cases and in general the limit range of 500-1500 is quite adequate.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments