You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: New Year Resolutions

What is the best way to welcome a new year?

Which is the best way to welcome a new year? Partying, taking resolutions, helping people, helping poor, self-improvement or any other? In my view, the best way to welcome a new year should involve taking resolutions which help in our career growth as well as personal improvement. As career growth help us to survive with a job, personal improvement resolutions are also necessary to improve ourselves.

Now that we are at the end of the first month of the year 2018, most of us would have taken some resolutions or at least given a thought that you wish to do something this year and started working towards achieving it. Some of the people just do a party during the new year day and start their work as usual from the next day. Some of them carry forward their resolution from the previous year. Personally, I have taken a resolution to learn some new technologies related to my career and be successful in the job. And another resolution to help needy people in their life.

Do you think you welcomed any new year in the best way? If yes, please share here which might help other people to welcome next year better.

Entry for TOW contest Topic - Welcome
    Though the author has appended his choice of requirement which could be followed during the welcoming of new year every time, it all depends on each person, their way of living and their position in the society. I wont think those who are already well off in life and achieved all the success and pride in the life would still wow for some resolution during the new year celebrations. They would like to party with family and friends and that would be unending joy for them. Like wise some have the niche to help others and get solace from the gestures and thus they would be aloof from the crowd and they would be visiting old age homes and hospitals to wish those who are away from the mad crowd. But the best way to start the new year is to visit the temple , pray the God for ensuring good life during the last year and seek pardon if anything wrong done and also seek blessings for good living in new year.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Generally people will have parties, fun and frolic at the time of new year. Many of us take up some resolutions also thinking that any resolution taken in the beginning may work till it's end. Though in practical life it seldom happens so. Resolutions are generally taken but not adhered to.

Anyway I also believe celebrating New year with my friends and relatives in a close gathering rather to go for a night party of dance and music.

Knowledge is power.

The best way to welcome a new year depends on the individual and his interest. Generally, many people try to be together at the time of new year entry and try to cut a cake and distribute among all the people present there. Some people want to meet in a club and enjoy there. Some people want to spend the time by seeing the special program that comes on the TV. Some may like to spend the time with all his family members and wish each other at that time. Some people may go to bed as usual and go for the work next day. Nothing can be taken as a Universal method to say it is the best.
    Taking new year resolutions on the new year day may be a common practice and the resolutions depend on the age and the social condition of the individual. My practice is to pray God to give me a year of peace and prosperity.
    I also wish for the well being of sons and their families.

drrao
    always confident

Over the years, my way of welcoming the new year has changed. Gone of the days of wanting to wear new clothes, going to a movie or restaurant, buying sweets and a small ornament for luck.
    Now as the new year comes, I thank Almighty for being with me in the year just gone by, good or bad I don't blame Him. Instead of resolutions, I reflect on what has gone by the opportunities that I have missed, the chances gone by, the good things.

I just focus on letting down all the unwanted baggage that I carry around for others. Decide what to embrace, what to cut off. This may sound odd, but the emotional clutter and negativities do not help us in the long run.
    I welcome the new year with the hope and prayers that health and family remain good, children study well with one or two thoughts as to how to advance my career.

A New Year should never be welcomed with an old Mindset.

When you are about to enter the New Year, forget about the past, it's no more. Don't bother too much about the future either, it's yet to come. Try to be in present. This very moment is the New Year, New Life, New Month, New Day, and New Hour; that matter. This is really what we have, rest is memory.

No resolutions, as there is no future, no regrets, as there is no past. Live this moment to the fullest.

That's New Year.

"If you want to make real progress, you must give up all ideas of personal attainment".

The best way - On the New year day, Please be sincere and faithful to your parents who are the First God. At midnight 31 Dec/01 Jan, when the clock struck 0001, kneel down in front of your parents who brought you and introduced you to this world, and ask them to bless you to see many such New years in your life. Nothing can be greater than this to celebrate the New year day. Also gift your parents with something they like but they don't have. If you don't have parents, kneel down and pray God for few minutes.

Partying, drinking, dancing, roaming on the streets shouting 'Happy New Year', taking resolutions are all rubbish way of celebrating New year day.

No life without Sun

To me, the New year is the time to set the target(s) for the year and taking a resolution to fulfill the target(s). It is applicable to every aspect of life, be it education, service, social interaction. less use of social media, etc.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

OMG! It is again Manish Nanda a newbie to ISC who pulled up the thread of 28 Jan 2018. All including the clever Partha caught into this old thread to respond.

@ An advice and request to Manish Nanda: "Kindly do not pull threads older than ten days."

We have another 129 days to near the New year day.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.