You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Isn't the 'real jewel' entitled to get some additional points?

The last month's ToW competition was on the topic 'jewel'. As usual, I submitted a small write-up on the topic, jewel. The link to my write-up is given below for kind reference:-

Who is the real jewel?

The jewel of our school was not considered for an award. But it did receive a cash credit of Rs. 10/-. However, the write-up did not receive any enhanced points credit. In other cases I have seen that generally, the entries with cash credit get some enhanced points credit along with cash credit (in ToW competition). But in my case, there was an exception.

I would humbly like to know from the Managing Editor, whether my jewel is entitled to get some enhanced points credit, or not. If it is entitled to get some more points, kindly grant it the same, because nowadays, I am not scoring many points.
    Mr.Partha, your thread shows 5(Rs10). I thought for such contests only cash credits are enchanced, points are not. Do you mean it should show 10(Rs10)?

Yes, points of good entries for any contest should also be enhanced. I will check it out with other editors who were reviewing the contest entries. Please wait.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Deleted as the ME has already responded.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

Mr. Natarajan: Cash credit is always associated with enhanced points credit. At least I have seen it in case of ToW contests.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Partha,

I've had a discussion with the team. We did give enhanced points earlier, but not always, considering it on a case to case basis. From now on, though, to maintain uniformity, starting with the present topic-based TOW, we will give enhanced points also and not just cc, doing so, though, only on the basis of the quality of the entry. We will apply this to all the forum contests henceforth.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks to the ME for clarifying this because, some of my contest threads, did receive cc but the points remained the same. Glad that it will be done regularly based on the quality of the member's reply.

• Sign In to post your comments