You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Batsman scores 1045 runs - WOW!

In a local cricket match held in Mumbai in under -14 section, Tanish Gawate who batted for two days has scored 1045 runs. He smashed 149 fours and 67 sixes. Though he put a tremendous effort and performed extraordinarily, the Mumbai Cricket Association said that this match does not have recognition. What a downer!

Nonetheless, let us appreciate his great talent and setting a new record in cricket history. Hope he performs consistently and climbs his way to our Indian cricket team.

Well done Tanish. Congratulations.
    Really a very great effort. Scoring more than 1000 runs by a single batsman that too in two days is really a very very rare happening. I am really wondered to know this. He may be a future player for India in the official matches also. My hearty congratulations to Tanish Gawate for this achievement. The BCCI should encourage such people and see that they will get the best coaching available in the country and see that he will have a good chance to learn the game and become a very useful stuff for the country in coming years. The MCA should also think of making him play in some official games also so that his talent will be get noticed by the concerned authorities. My appreciations to the player for the rare display.
    drrao
    always confident

Pranav Dhanawade (15 year old) from Mumabi scored 1009 in Jan 2016, Tanish Gawate has surpassed him. This would be a world record (unofficial) because of the problems with formal recongition of the match. I'm sure the fielding team would have given up hope long back.

I think he would be watched keenly by the IPL squads. Whatever the circumstances, this boy has achieved an unique feat. Youngsters in Mumbai scoring 500 and above has become a reality. These keen players should be observed and groomed with support until they are mature enough to don the national cap.

It is great to know that the match under 14 section, the great player Tanish Gawate who batted for two days has scored 1045 runs. In the match he smashed 149 fours and 67 sixes. I was wondering about his great stamina and also the able stand given at the non strikers end. Some cricketer make high score for the team to win. Some players score for their personal benefit. But this kind of big scores are made for other not to reach and that big scoring will be the biggest record for ever. It is irony that such matches are not recognised and the big scores are not considered
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.