You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Vocabulary and examples

1. Insomniac- (noun)
    meaning: a person who is unable to sleep
    ex: a guy turned insomniac after getting hoaxed by his girlfriend .
    2.Creepy-(adjective)
    syn: scary, spooky, gruesome, petrifying, horrifying, terrifying, haunting, ghastly etc.
    ex: I got spooked by watching some horror movies.
    3.Nuts-(adjective)
    syn: mad, mental, insane, lunatic, stupid, doltish, rubbish, foolish, crazy, foolish, senseless, irrational, meaningless, mindless, brainless, pointless, baseless, inept, unproductive, unskilled, inexpert, rough, clumsy, lacking etc.
    eg: He was not as nuts as he looked
    4.Lure-(verb)
    syn: attract, entice, appeal, allure, charm, captivate, beguile, induce, enrapture
    eg: I was lured by the beauty of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
    5.Thantophobia-(noun)
    a fear of losing someone whom you love
    eg: I would say everybody is thantophobic and worried about their relationship
    6.Mirage-(noun)
    to believe in something which is unreal
    syn: imaginations, illusions, hallucinations, visions, delusions, fantasy,dreams etc.
    eg: I love to live in illusions which is full of happiness
    7(1) Husky-(adjective)
    syn: heavy, intense, deep, coarse, rough, thick, harsh, hoarse, gruff, raspy etc.
    eg: I love to hear the husky voice of Papon the Indian Singer from Assam, especially his song moh moh ke dage and barfi
    (2) Husky-(adjective)
    syn: strong, muscular, heavy, well-built, powerful, robust, sturdy, hunky
    eg: The sturdy personality of John Abraham is quite appealing
    8.Slam-(verb)
    syn: condemn, criticize, attack,
    eg: Slamming anyone is not a good thing
    9. Endearing-(adjective)
    syn: likeable, cute ,sweet, lovely, charming, interasting, fascinating, intriguing, spellbinding, captivating, appealing, luring, attracting, alluring, enticing, beguiling etc.
    eg: Deepika Padukone has an enticing smile and the dimples on her face
    10. Scour-(verb)
    syn: wash, clean, rub, shine, wipe, cleanse
    eg: I scour my face when it turns dirty
    A good summary for people who want to learn English would be more relevant in the learn English section. Posting in this Learn English section needs permission, if interested you can contact one of the section editors or our ME would advise you.
    Learn better English & Improve your communication skills.

A good learning for the people who are interested in improving their English writing skills. Thanks to the author for a good post which is really educative.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments