You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The story of film Padman

The story of PadMan is the real story of Arunachalam Murugantham resident of Coimatore, who made a mission in life to provide low-cost sanitary napkins to poor women across rural India.He experimented with making pads out of cotton. He experimented on his wife and sister to check his indigenous pads were effective but they refuse to use them. He then decided to wear the sanitary pad himself. He used to go with a pad in his underwear and a bottle filled with animal blood which would squeeze blood on the pad at regular interval.After two years of research, he was able to find the process to manufacture a good quality of Sanitary Pad at home. His low-cost machines are now sold across India. In 2014 Time magazine featured him as one of 100 most Influential people in the world.Really his story is heart touching.
    A nice way of working. If you have a strong determination, you can achieve anything. This history of Padman is an example of the same. Even his family members have not cooperated with him. But he pulled on with his own determination. That is people say, If there is a will, there is a way. It was proved. The younger generation of our country should take people like this Padman as their role models and achieve their ambitions even nobody cooperates with them. It is really a great achievement to be one of the 100 most Influential people in the world. Everyone should congratulate Arunachalam Murugantham for his determination, hard work and focus on the goal.
    drrao
    always confident

This thread and the movie, reminds me of the reply I posted for What is menstruation and what are the events which occur in menstrual Cycle?.
    I had read about him sometime back, Mr. Arunachalam, lived almost like an outcast in his own house, trying to reach on pads, at times he was called as a pervert. But he has a vision in his mind that he pursued until he could realize his dream into a low cost hygienic pad. Hat's off to him, a person worthy to be on the Time's list. He is called 'The Menstrual Man' of India.

This is one of the wonderful real stories I had heard. If you have strong determination, confidence, ability to do what you want to be and you do hard work no one can stop you achieving your goals. Mr Arunachalam is examples of how people can achieve goals when no one is supporting. I would really like to meet such a wonderful personality. He is called 'The Menstrual Man' of India. He is a role model for all of us. My heartiest congratulations to Mr Arunachalam for achieving his goal with strong determination, focus, hard work and courage. We all should learn from him.

I heard about the great man. I also know the ridicule he had to face during those days to tell people about his product. Even now, his product is not popular, thanks to the opposition of big companies doing business in the filed. I can hope that ladies from lower economic strata are benefitted from this product.

Now let us come to the film which will be released on 9th of this month. Just like the real-life hero Arunachalam Murugantham, the hero of this film, Akshay Kumar, has been producing one after another hit films over last 20 years, but is not considered for any award, thanks to the coterie working against him. He is now acting in films which give social messages. Earlier he gave another hit film with a social message, ''Toilet: Ek Prem Katha''.

I hope the film becomes a super-hit, the product of Arunachalam Murugantham becomes popular, economically weak ladies of India and the world are benefitted, and the hero of the film gets an award for his contribution.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In India there are many people like Arunachalam Murugantham who were great innovators of their kind and yet wont get the real backing from the public. Even there was a person named Ramar Pillai who claimed inventing petrol from the leaves. Later he was abused and cornered by the law enforcing authorities for not proving. Instead such people should be given chance to prove their inventions in high platforms and also take their expertise in getting petrol from other sources. I really admire the efforts of Padman for going on with his project nevertheless he got nil response from his own people.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, I salute the attitude of those people, whose innovative ideas bring a great change in the lives of a great mass of people. They sacrifice a lot for these, but at last, they get success and become the role model for the society.
    Service to mankind is service to God.

Thanks for posting such a nice details about a man and his mission. He is a role model to all of us especially the young entrepreneurs and innovators.

In our society there are people who single handedly prove that things can be accomplished with determination and hard work.

Such people should be encouraged by the Govt with some awards as a token of respect for their work. Even the social group and NGOs should facilitate them whenever such opportunity is there.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments