You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

What is common about these four cricketers?

William Ponsford (Australia), Reginald Duff (Australia), Greg Chappell (Australia) and Mohammad Azharuddin (India). These four are cricketers. The last two are fairly well-known. in India As a person who used to discuss a lot about cricket during my adolescence, I do know that Ponsford was a cricketer of Bradman era. But do you know what is common about these four cricketers?

Well, these four were batsmen. But very few know that these four batsmen are the members of an exclusive club. These four cricketers scored a century in their respective debut test. Not only that, these four batsmen also scored a century in their last test match as well. Out of these four, Ponsford scored a double century (266) in his last test.

Today is the birthday of one of the members of this exclusive cricket club. Happy birthday, Mohammad Azharuddin!
    Seriously, I was never a great fan of MD. Azharudding until I saw his playing physically in a test match against Australia. In a TV, you can enjoy the match but when you watch it physically, you know the actual timing and style of playing. His square cut and wristy flick made my day that day. Though India had to score only 54 runs to win the match and we had early 2 wickets fallen already. The match was won by India with 8 wickets in hand and not out batsman were my most favorite Ganguly and Azharuddin. Azzu made only 20 or 21 odd runs but with 4 classy boundaries. Since that day I was become his one of the fan. No doubt he was an entertainer.

Happy a Birthday to Azaruddin. I was a very good fan of him. I like the way he bats. As a captain also he has done very well. I know that he scored centuries in his first and last test. It I am not aware of the other three cricketers A good information through this thread and thanks for the information. Azaruddin might have continued for some more time if that betting issue was not there.
    drrao
    always confident

Glad to hear about the other players along with Azharuddin. He added class and elegance in the middle order during his tenure with the Indian team. Would have been great to have him around batting for India for a much longer period.

• Sign In to post your comments