You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A great service to the poor. Hats off to her.

Asha was a poor girl who lost her parents in early age and grown up with her mother's mother. They don't even have a house to live in. They were living in a small hut made of bamboo sticks fence and only a cloth as the door. They were living in a small village called Pattanamtitta in Kerala State. Her Zoology lecturer in the college Prof. Sunil heard about this poor student and wanted to construct a house for that girl. She donated some money and collected donations from others and constructed a small house for the family of Asha. Now Asha married a governemnt employee and settled in her life. Prof.Sunil thought that she should help poor students like Asha in getting their houses constructed. So from the last 12 years, she is in the service of poor and so far she has constructed about 80 houses to poor and needy. The house consists of a bedroom, kitchen and hall. By hearing about her kindness many people approach her for help. But she will go and see the condition of the family. Once she understands the position of the family only she will help. Now Prof.Sunil is retired and completely spending her time for the service of the poor. A great service to poor and we should say hats off to her.
    My appreciation from the heart to the kind hearted Prof Sunil for reaching out to those poor who cannot afford for the housing and helping them with new house. Such thought wont come to others in these days.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hats of to such a personality. She is a role model for all of us. She is the reason for the happiness of a number of families. I would really like to meet with such kind-hearted lady.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Great to hear about such committed person with a noble aim to help people. I was curious to see how the funding is arranged by her. Prof Sunil, does this almost single-handedly, she accepts contributions but not more than one for each home. she also provides them with means to earn some money for utilities. Often she put money from her own pocket. Each house costs around Rs 2.5 lakhs and she herself supervises the construction. A truly service minded soul, I hope the government honors her for her commitment.

• Sign In to post your comments