You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

"OM Namah Shivay" once I chanted it out of fear became my fact now

I am a person who is between old tradition and new generation thinker. If I am holding my tradition, I am welcoming the new changes too. I am not regular temple goer neither I am atheist. What I am saying is my own personal faith or belief and I do not mean that other too follow the same blindly.

Long back I was in a situation, where I was alone to fight with it. And, I had nothing but this three word "Om Namah Shivay" to safeguard myself. It has not only changed my life but the way of my thinking too. I started chanting this mantra out of fear but little did I know that it will go so deep inside me that even if I don't chant, it will circulate inside me unknowingly.

With so much regular chanting, I made this mantra as "Ajapa mantra" for me. Ajapa meaning the mantra which runs in your mind even if you don't physical chant no matter what you do or wherever you are.

I don't know how much it has help me in my life. But certainly, has given me so much inner power, a strength, a powerful thinking. Today is Mahashivratri and I did't do any puja or fasting, yet I believe in my GOD from bottom of my heart. I know he is always there for me whenever I need him.
    An excellent post. believing in GOD is very important. With concentration and focus if you chant the mantra it will definitely do good to the person. The old purnas say that in this Kaliyuga just reciting the name of God will do all help to you and it will lead you to Moksha. But again that depends on the belief. If you don't believe but go on saying Ohm Namaha Shivaya may not good any good to you. So always one should have belief in God.
    Today is Sivaratri. All the temples are full. Many people will go to temples and they will be fasting today. Many people may not sleep full night today. Many people believe that praying Shiva today will give you the best results in your life and you will progress well.

drrao
    always confident

Lord Shiva is the creator of this Universe and appeared first as God. We are bound to pray him first and duty bound to do so. In our scriptures it is mentioned that Lord Shiva is most benevolent and most innocent God and he will come to the rescue of every devotee who shall chant his name. Such was his innocence that without knowing the reparations, he shall give away the boon and that tricky situation is tackled by Lord Vishnu. That is why Asuras do great penance to please the Shiva and obtain boon of their choice. Our history has many such penance and the boon thus sought through strict penance. Ravana was the great Shiv Bhakt and he could please the Lord with his intestines which were removed by ripped open and thus pleased the Lord gave him the ten head boon. Later how he was killed was the story we all know.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

On the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivratri I convey my best wishes to all. Om Namah Shivay!
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

The mantra Om namo Shivaya is one of the powerful mantras of the Hindus. Chanting this mantra connects to spirituality. It is said that if you chant this mantra 108 times Lord Shiva is pleased and fulfills our wishes.
    This mantra is also offering respect to Lord Shiva.
    Om namo Shivaya means "I offer to Shiva a respectful invocation of His name",preceded by Om.
    This mantra goes back literally thousands of years back.
    On this auspicious day of Mahashivratri we chant this mantra and seek his blessing.
    Om Namo Shiva's. Happy Shivratri to all.

Definitely by chanting the maha mantra, Lord Shiva gives blessings to all of us. Praying and chanting Shiv mantra is a way to seek his blessings if pujas and fasting couldn't be done. Om Namah Shivay !

We don't need to do elaborate poojas or make large offerings or visit many far of temples to invoke the blessings of God. A small heartfelt prayer and an Om chant that you like is more than enough. The belief within ourselves is more important than what we show outside. It was a regular day for me on Shivarathri, just prayed at home and at a temple on the way to work.

• Sign In to post your comments