You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Thankfully I could make a successful Valentine day and not Belan-tine day

A Valentine Day is tense day for a husband like me who has very little time to spare after work. However, I did my best to end the day successfully. I sang and recorded a romantic song for my wife, and gave her enough time to make her happy. Also, I gave a surprise news which she wanted to hear it since long from me which is personal and I can't reveal it here. She is a perfect person for me and I am lucky to have her in my life. I have added the "Belan" in the title just to bring humour in this relationship and nothing else.

Some years back, all these special days were not there, thank to different kind of Media we have which has created awareness so much that it has come inside our house too. The expectations has become more for some special day.

Anyway, it all ended with a happy smile.
    Congratulations to the author for having a good Valentines day, yesterday. It is good that you have expressed your happiness here so that all the members will know.
    As far as I am concerned, yesterday was a routine day as usual. Attending duty and then evening going back home. Spending the time with family. The same way I have spent yesterday also. Nothing special. But many messages in social media and replying them is the special work done by me yesterday. This has become a routine for all special days to receive messages and sending back through the internet It costs nothing. My wife also never expected anything special from on this day. So there is no issue.

drrao
    always confident

Glad that you could have a good Valentines day celebration. For us it was a normal working day, nothing unusual or special, wishes and simple family dinner.To me, such romantic days would be more appealing for young or newly married people than people who have got used to each other for so long that they can predict what the other person wants or is going to do. The unsaid love in the bond/marriage is different and is difficult to put in words.

Satisfying the better half is the great attitude to have peace at house. Wife is also a human being and she has the aspirations and wishes. At least once for a while talking to her in polite way, and getting her wishes done would bring drastic changes in her. After all she can only expect from the husband and no one else. Yet some newly married wife will have the shy feeling to express her desire, and at least on valentine day, she should be kept cheerfully with taking her outing, having nice dinner and spending wonderful time with her. Good that the author thought this fit and engaged himself for some time with his wife.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.