You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Corporate hospitals in Hyderabad are losing the customers.

Today while going through the newspaper I found this news in the paper. Hyderabad is being treated as the medical hub. Many people from other States also come here for getting the treatment. Always all corporate hospitals are always fully occupied. But recently the occupancy rate in these hospitals has come down by 30% to 40%.
    The important reason for this is that the government hospitals in Telangana are getting updated and more patients are preferring these government hospitals than corporate hospitals. A welcome change.
    Another point is patients from AP are not coming to this place for treatment. Six corporate hospitals are operating in AP and so those people are going there. Another important factor is that AP government is not extending the NTR medical treatment scheme to the patients who come to Hyderabad for small diseases which can be treated in the state itself. The inpatient and outpatient percentages in all hospitals in AP including that of government hospitals increased. So shortly we may see that the inflow to Hyderabad may come down.
    I'm surprised that the figures were available to the local papers. Corporate hospitals make big investments and have to function well to earn returns for the investors and the management. This may be a temporary trend due to the change in the dynamics of patient flow, intake of patients who have health insurance and competition. These hospitals will find a way to promote itself and find business by making new tie-ups partnerships and approach new companies for health cover. Many of the health schemes, in general pay less than the normal rates and there would be a delay in payment also. Lastly, seasonal trends also show a drop in clients and revenues ( festivals, exam season etc).

Yes I agree with the author that the treatments and medical attention at government hospitals has tremendously increased, thanks to the effort of CM KCR, and now the medical treatment either too available with only corporate hospitals and made available with super speciality hospitals. The other day I had been to ESI hospital at Nacharam for dental problem and they advised me to remove the tooth periodically and not at one time and then fix artificial one. Such suggestions would have been rare in the past and the patients are treated with much care and respect in government hospitals.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments