You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I am disappointed that I missed a chance to meet a fellow ISCian

Recently I was on a pilgrimage tour with my spouse. That was a group tour. We really enjoyed the trip.
    I was aware that at least one senior ISC member was staying in one of those places I visited. So I sent a message to the ISC member before I started on my trip. Had I got some reply from the member probably we could have met.

I feel the member also would have been out of station and either did not see my message or was not able to reply.

I console myself "Better luck next time".
    It is good that you try to meet an ISc member. Probably the other member also out of the station. That is why no response from him, I think. Mr Mohan stays in a nearby place in Hyderabad. We both were in touch vis phone. I have his number and he had my number. We thought of meeting but so far it is not materialised. I think soon we will have a meeting. It is nice to meet the fellow members of IISc.
    always confident

I am disappointed that why the member has not replied you. It does not necessarily that he missed your message or out of town. He/she purposely also would have avoided you. We can think this way too. Whatever may be one should reply it with negative or positive response. Nowadays, our technology has become so big that people no matter where ever they are, can easily get any message.

It is good that when we go places make sure we meet our ISC member residing there. Once a old member met me was removed from the ISC and then he stopped meeting me. Likewise I want to meet Dr Srinivasa Rao, but time constraint and busy schedule wont permit the meeting. Nevertheless I shall call him soon and have a personal meeting. By meeting personally we can exchange many views and share our thoughts. Through this post I invite any member visiting Hyderabad to call me or write in this forum so that personal messages will be sent and a sure meeting would takes place.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Kindly intimate whether the member you are talking about is a male member or a female member. And also the state to which you went on a pilgrimage. That will help us to respond your thread properly.

No life without Sun

Dear ISCian and Venkiteswaran,
    The unfortunate member is none but SuN. If you have observed, SuN was not present at ISC for few weeks. As you all know that I have constructed a house in my native village, I surrendered my Broadband connection, and new BB connection to my village house is not feasible. I was silent till yesterday without internet connection. Venkiteswaran visited Tirunelveli on 8th and 9th of February, and I was staying in my native village without any communication facility. I could not read his e-mail. Someone guided me to get a JIO modem to get connected to internet. Day before yesterday(14th Feb) I bought a JIO Modem and SiM for Rs. 1050+550, and got internet connection successfully. When I gone through the old mail, I could understand that I was the guy who missed to meet Venkiteswaran.

Sorry Venkiteswaran, If God permits, we will meet soon in Tamilnadu or Kerala.

No life without Sun

Both to Mr. Venkiteswaran and Mr. SuN: Definitely better luck next time.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Thanks,Sun , for the reply response.
    It is just as 'Man proposes, God disposes'.
    I guessed that you had some handicap in communicating.
    As Partha said 'better luck next time'.

Glad that you both tried to set up a meeting and sad that it didn't materialize. This is a classic example of how an assumption can cast apprehensions. I'm sure if members want to meet, they can get the phone numbers if it's mutually agreeable. Being virtual acquaintances is always available if time permits you can become true acquaintances.

Nice that ISCians are trying to build a network beyond internet, I mean, You are putting in effort to meet fellow ISCians. Glad to know about it. But how to get to know others' resdidence in ISC profile? IS there anybody residing in California? or Vellore?
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Presently, I am residing in California, at San Jose.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Good to know you Ayya, I'm from Los Angeles. Seems 5 hrs of distance from your place in Road ways.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Welcome back, Kailashji, after a gap.

Mr. Kailash,
    Welcome back. Nice to see a missing Indian from ISC as Californian at San Jose.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments