Greetings Maam. I have seen your query too on another thread seeking for help. Ok let me explain pointwise according to your questions:
1. To generate traffic, Your blog must be search engine optimized (SEO). There are many ways to generate traffic which are either free or paid. Free traffic means organic traffic and it will take a lot of time and effort to generate traffic. Organic traffic has high page value. This concept is very huge and I would like to suggest to visit the link below in which I have mentioned few points regarding SEO in AE section
2. Clicking Adsense ads is not the only way to generate revenue. You can also get revenue through page impressions. It is calculated based on the amount of money you made per 1000 visitors, also called RPM. RPM is again based on CPC (cost per click) and CTC (click through rate). USA and UK have high CPC value. S if a visitor from the USA clicks an ad you will get more than a visitor from India clicking the same ad. On average if you get 150,000 visitors per month, you can make nearly 100 USD per day (this is not the exact amount, you can get less than 100. It depends on the geographical location of the visitor as well). So you must concentrate on getting more traffic towards your site. Good SEO means more traffic.
3. To get more visitors, you need to share your new posts on social media, text the links in as many possible ways as you can. Get a good theme for your blog. Use keywords. Add a good title and introduction. Generating traffic needs time but if you follow proper SEO, you will definitely succeed.
4. Adsense revenue can be increased by increasing visitors. Also, select good ad units. Generally 260 X 300 ad units perform well. Post ad code in between the posts. Insert the code after one or two paragraphs of your posts.
5. Microblogging is mostly done by experts and professionals. They select a single topic in which they have the expertise and publish 20 - 30 articles regarding that subject. This is done on a dedicated hosting platform and not on a free blog. Once they finish that particular topic, they register another site which has a different topic. So many sites with a single topic (with plenty of posts) will drive massive traffic (if proper SEO is followed) and they earn well with Adsense.
6. You can, of course, write on WordPress too. But remember there are two versions of WordPress - wordpress.org and wordpress.com
wordpress.org require website hosting plan for your site to actually run whereas wordpress.com is similar to blogger. It depends on personal choice, you can opt either of them (blogger or wordpress.com) if you are looking exclusively for a free blog.
Dr. V. Shashikanth