You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What do you think lies beyond death?

In order to console the family members of a dead person, people tell them not to cry by saying that they are always around us, and they are watching us. Some people find their dead loved ones in the stars. Some people believe in rebirth and reincarnation. And some believe in Heaven and Hell. Also, there are people who believe that nothing lies beyond death. A person completely dies when he dies.
    What do you believe in?
    What do you think lies beyond death?
    If a person dies after living his full life, there is no regret and that is the process of live, living and death. But we are deeply moved by the death of small boys, girls at the teen age when they are about to chose their career after finishing wonderful studies with distinction. Consider my own brother who was the gold medallist of SP college in Secunderabad and died due to renal failure at the age of 19 years. He was about to get the government job in Defence. Just imagine the plight of my parents, how can they think that the son would be no more. And for him his teen age was just completed and soon would lead the married life. And worst has happened. Surely his mortal remains were consigned to flames but his wishes and aims are not fulfilled and would be roaming around our family for ever. This is the firm belief of every one.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Nothing awaits us after death. Just an abrupt stop to our lives.
    It is a frightening thought. So to console us scriptures speak of rebirth, heaven, reincarnation and salvation.
    But the truth is all around us. Abrupt stop and eternal decay are the only things we get after death.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

As I am Muslim, I believe in life after death. Yes there is life after death. And the life after death is depend upon our deeds. If our deeds are good we will live in the heaven and if not then we will live in the hell and we will get punished.

I believe it because i found answer for it. I mean I believe in life after death because before our body was made with sand our souls are used to live in a world called "Alam ARVAH".

After that when we were in that world, before coming into this world which is known as " womb". where we transformed into a baby and lived for 9 months inside that womb.

After we live on this earth for the age decided by our fate.

As these three states are real and are going on, then the fourth world is "life after death". we have to pass many years in our tombs and we have pass the day of judgement in which we will be decided to live in hell or heaven by The Almighty Allah.

We have only one life, we born only once and die only once and there is no other life.

"Life's Beauty is Inseparable from its Fragility ".

Sohail shaik...

I always believe in rebirth. As told by Lord Krishna in Bhagavadgita to Arjuna our sole will change from one body to another body like we change our dress. So the Soul is permanent but the body is not permanet. Once your souls merge with the God there is no rebirth, You will get Moksha. These are the beliefs. But no one can tell what is the fact. I know some people who always say that they know what are they in their previous birth and how many more times they have to born before the get moksha. I don't know whether what they tell is true or not. But I never argue with them. I simply here and come back. But to see that people will do good when they are alive probably these theories of hell and heaven, life after death might have been brought into existence. This is another theory. Whatever it is whether it is there or not, think that it will be there and to be safe there if we do good deeds here that will be good for the society. That it will help people to be good and kind to fellow human beings.
    drrao
    always confident

What lies beyond death? It's life once more ( for people who believe in it).

Our physical body (which some of us are so enamored with it) is just a medium of us in this world to be recognized as a human. The good core human values come from the good soul that moves on once we attain death in physical terms.

If you look at history and some of the practices even now, people do things to enable the smooth passage of the soul in the 'afterlife'. Objects of desire and certain useful things used to be kept in Egyptian tombs for use by the departed soul.

Some people might question the validity of such belief. The closest we can put forth is the experiences of transplant recipients and the experiences of people who have come back for 'near death' situations.

So, while we should grieve the passing away of people know to us, we have to accept that it is inevitable that the 'death' occurs and 'Life' goes on for the soul in a manner that we cannot yet prove. I like such thoughts wherein there is no harm in this belief but importantly it helps the grieving process and the coming to terms when a loved one passes away.

Scientifically, there remains nothing after death. The body starts decaying after few hours of death and the family members dispose off the body according to respective religious beliefs either by cremation or by burying.

On the other hand, one has to accept the fact that the knowledge of the humans is limited to range and capability of the sensory organs they possess. Though through scientific research, the natural range of sensory organs has been extended by the development of instruments like electron microscope, radio telescope, computers, internet and such other modern gadgets/technology, but still we can never claim that we have learnt everything.

Therefore, irrespective of our individual belief, we should not be too rigid or fastidious and enter into a debate to the extent of quarrelling with each other.

Let the individuals be happy and content in their own beliefs.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I think there are certain facts which are beyond the purview of science or should I say, has not yet been proved scientifically. So is the case with so many beliefs and stories being woven around life after death. Almost all religions believe that all living beings have a soul and this soul is considered to be permanent. I do feel at times that the number of souls on earth or may be the universe remain the same; only the physical structure and appearance changes. I have read about people who had lost their lives (have been dead) for a few seconds before they regained life. In one particular case, a lady was declared dead on the operation table by the doctors but she showed signs of life a few seconds later and what was astonishing was that the lady could recollect all that had happened in the theatre in those few seconds during which she was considered dead. So, though not very clear about the whole concept, I would like to believe in the existence of the soul, though, rebirth, in any form, may or may not be a reality.
    'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

Regarding number of souls remaining constant, it is noteworthy that the human population has increased manifold, from less than 1 billion about 200 years ago to about 7 billions nowadays.
    Thus more and more souls are taking birth in the form of humans.
    Is it so?

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I believe on life after death, but not for all. If anybody die without fulfilling their long awaited dreams or anybody, who died accidentally may have life after death.
    T handle the death of our dear one, actually we should believe that, life after death is there. In my case, I believe that my dad is always with me, cares for me day and night, besides me and supports me whenever I lose hope.

It is told, like, the feel of God in us, stops us from doing wrong deeds. The same way, the feel of my dad's presence beside me makes me to check my deeds again and again and stay in the right path. so, it is okay to believe the life after death.

I personally, don't want to visit this world or face anyone of my closed one after my death. Once I die, I don't want to carry even any memories with me. I want to live my life to the fullest and should die happily.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Our elders used to say that as a good human being and having attempted good deeds, one is sure to get seven chances to be human being or Saath Janam. How far it is true which cannot be authenticated.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@Mohan Ayya, Actually, I heard it the opposite way. A person attempted good deeds will have no next birth, whereas, people doing wrong deeds will have next birth. Actually, being born itself is considered as a process to overwrite our sins with good deeds. Even many people, who attained spirituality with self realization has pleaded God, not to take birth again.

Avvayar asked "Piravamai vendum".

Sorry for the deviation in the topic. I understand it is about life after death and not, birth after death.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

#627104, though my point there was only imaginary, what about the souls of other living beings? Is there a distant possibility of what I imagined to be near to truth? I was just thinking along those lines.
    'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

• Sign In to post your comments