You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

OMG! What a gain! I am benefitted much.

Dear Members,
    I was using BSNL Broad band ( unlimited use), and was paying Rs. 950/- per month. And also I have a BSNL post paid mobile phone for which I pay between 450 and 650 per month.

As I shifted my home from town to village, the BSNL Broad Band connection is not available, and also no land line phone is available due to cable problem.

Hence, I have bought a JIO Modem with a SIM costing 1050 + 550. The SIM is valid for 84 days and I can use 1.5 GB per day. Thus I have to pay only Rs. 550/84x30 = 195 approx per month.

JIO has helped me to save Rs. Rs. 760/- per month.

Members, What is your view/comment on this thread?
    Though the rates are reasonable the network fluctuates often and it is very unpredictable. With Jio it's better to have an alternate plan as that might help you during an emergency situation.

Neethu,
    JIO never failed and never ditched me till todate. I was successful in using it in my village with my desktop, and I carry the Modem with me wherever I go to have it connected with my Mobile phone. Presently I am in Bengaluru and using the same Modem with my laptop. No problem with JIO at all. Long live JIO.

No life without Sun

As of now, Jio is giving good service with cheaper rates. yesterday my son has taken a JIO phone costing just Rs.1500/-. Monthly charges are also very less. He says around 80 rupees. He says he can view movies also on that mobile. He has free data also. Now many of the people are going for JIO.This is will be an add-on phone to the original one they are already having. JIO has made these services cheap and the other providers also have to do something otherwise they can't survive in the market.
    drrao
    always confident

I am using this Jio plan from its inception on my Smartphone. For Rs.399 recharge they are giving 84 days 1.5 GB data per day and which is very cheap when compared to any other mobile data plan.

Glad that the author was immensely benefited with Jio modem and data pack. But I am also using Jio unlimited pack for 28 days just by paying 49 rupees only.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    What is the GB available to you per day from your 28 days pack for Rs. 49? I think 1.5 GB per day is quite sufficient to survive at ISC happily.

No life without Sun

How can the Government and Private player have so much of a difference? Is it just the deep pockets of Jio or high costs involved in the Government sector.
    It's a good deal for you Mr.SuN. you've said the SIM is valid for 84 days, do you have to renew or re-activate the sim. If there is so much of a saving,most would be inclined to switch the service.

Natarajan,
    After 84 days of validity, we need to recharge it with whatever cash we desire. We can go for lower GB, like Mohan for 28 days validity for less GB (1 GB) for Rs. 49/- etc.

No life without Sun

For last 6-7 months, I am also using JIO in Mumbai and it has not given any problem. It is really very economical and pocket-friendly.

The introduction of JIO plans has made a remarkable effect in the mobile phone market and all other operators are forced to realign their plans else perish in competition. Some have already followed suit and others are planning accordingly.

The customers are really surprised to see that earlier they were paying so high for less data in hand.

Knowledge is power.

I have good words for JioFi for now. JioFi is proving quite useful for us.
    (Please refer this question I asked in Ask Experts section)
    My son is using JioFi. He had carried it on our outstation trips since last year.
    Using the same and linking itto his phone(earlier 3G phone and now a 4G phone) he makes calls also. Overall a very convenient and economic proposition.
    Moreover Jio has given an additional one-time complimentary Bonus of 10GB data valid upto 31st March. You may also verify under your 'My Plans".

The 49 rupees plan is best for those using only call facility. It gives unlimited calls, but data is just 1GB for the full validity period. SMS 50 only.But the grace is that one can use the WiFi if available at home or office. Thus one can optimally use the data for essential uses in transits. If very much needed one can use top up also.However it is really worth it. Now Facebook is also available in Jiophone.

Yes, you are right. Jio is providing many plans which are beneficial for the customers. I am living in a suburban area where Jio is not available, but it is possible that it would be available within 4-5 weeks. I am using BSNL broadband which cost only 249 per month. The speed of broadband is 2mbps /sec for 1 Gb and after that 1mbps /sec and it is an unlimited plan.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.