You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

This day happens to be my B'day.

Dear friends, today is the day on which I was born seventy three years back. That means it is the 74th birth day.
    I never thought that it is so young to be 74 years old !!
    I agree now with the recent pronouncements of WHO.
    Wish you a happy birthday and many many happy returns of the day. I hope you will enjoy your day with all your family members and make it a memorable day. I pray God that you should be blessed with good health and long life. All the best to you.
    drrao
    always confident

Happy birthday Sir. Generally I wish all success and happiness in one's life on their birthday. Hope, you have seen your desired success in your life. I wish you to stay happy and healthy life forever. WHO or whoever may define any age to youth. I personally feel, people who are ready to learn and stay cool at all scenarios of life are young only. For that matter, my grand father, who is 86 years old now is an young icon to lead my life now. He reads newspapers every day, remember previous news, connect them all with the history and gives me the view on current politics, culture and lifestyle. I hope you people are the right persons to know the drastic differences, that has been happening in this century.

If possible, share the changes in your style of birthday celebration from school days, college days and now.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Wish you happy birthday.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr TMS,
    Wish you many happy returns of the day. May you live long and be with us at ISC forever. Happy Birthday.

No life without Sun

Wish you all health and happiness on this day and all days ahead. Happy Birthday Sankaran sir! Stay blessed. Glad to know that you are seventy-four years young today!
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

Wishing you a very happy Birthday! I think,Recent pronouncement by WHO made everybody Happier and younger.
    I love chocolates and ice creams!

Many happy returns of the Day, Mr. Sankaran. Wish you a very happy, satisfying, fulfilling and healthy life.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Happy Birthday, Sanskaran sir. May you always stay happy and prospering in life.
    Do what inspires you !!

A very Happy Birthday Sankaran sir!
    It is really great to see you active and young at heart at the age of 74 years.
    God bless you.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I am happy to note that there are so many friends concerned about me. Thanks to everybody. Hope I can continue with you all for more years to come with your blessings.
    @Srimathi: In our family set up the birthdays of the eldest member of the family (in this case my father) alone is celebrated. Celebration is limited to inviting close friends and relatives for a lunch and arranging a suitable feast. Some of the locals and workers will also be there for food. Father or mother used to give the workers some gift, mostly dhothi.
    For others' birthday additional items will be there for lunch, especially a sweet. That was the only difference from other days. After marriage and settled separately also there were not much change. Now I notice the changes in the attitude of my grand children. They need a cake cutting with decorations with balloon etc., copied from Western culture. In short I am a man not running after the changes in the life style.
    Thanks to all once again.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

I am really excited to have a seasoned and yet senior person as member of this site who has crossed 73 years of age. May all your pending wishes be fulfilled on this new birthday which happens to be your 74th.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr.Sankaran, happy birthday and many more happy returns of the day. May God give you good health and peaceful life.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Many happy returns of the day sir, Wishing you many more years of peaceful life.
    What our country needs is, the wisdom and experience of people like you, I wish the society can have a system of respecting and considering the views of senior citizens based on what they have learned in life so far.

Belated birthday wishes Sankaran Sir.

You are one of my mentor at this site for your vast knowledge about the subject you write.

I wish you a good health, strength and would like to see your participation at ISC for a long time.

Sankaran Sir, it's great to see you active in ISC even at the grand age of 74. Someone as aged as you is a regular member of this site! Simply stupendous and unbelievable. I have also come to know that this April you will be completing 9 years as a member of ISC. That in itself is a very big achievement. Hats off to you Sir and belated wishes to you on your very special Birthday. Have a great time Sir, in ISC and elsewhere..
    Patience and perseverance pays

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.