You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

The beauty queen is no more!

The glamorous actress Sridevi who ruled the Hindi movie world and the Telugu cine world over decades is no more. She died of cardiac arrest early this morning at the age of 54. May her soul rest in peace.

She is considered as the first female superstar of Hindi cinema. She was in Dubai with her husband Boney Kapoor and younger daughter Khushi to attend a wedding of their relative. Hailing from the South, she rose to the heights with her action and beauty and acted in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil movies.
    A very disheartening news in the morning. I am one of her innumerable fans. When I watched Sadma, I understood the acting ability of both Kamala Hasan and Sridevi. Mr. India made me spellbound. Even her comeback film ''English Vinglish'' after a long hiatus was excellent.

RIP, Sridevi.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Tragic news. No words….My condolences……..

A brilliant and talented actress. May her soul rest in peace.
    There are many movies which outshined because of her stellar performance, one such was Moondram Pirai that won many national awards and state awards in Tamilnadu.

One of the finest actors the Indian screen had seen, Sreedevi had mesmerized the film goers with her acting prowess. Starting her career at the age of four as a child artiste, she had exhibited her skill in the southern film industry before capturing Bollywood. She could carry any role in any genre with the same grace. I don't think it would be easy for one to mention a few of her movies because her performance in all her movies was a class apart. Goodbye Sreedevi. RIP!
    'Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment'- Lao Tzu

Sreedevi, once ruled the silver screen as the most glamorous actress. She acted in different languages Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, etc. In all these she excelled as the best. Let us pray for her soul to rest in peace.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

RIP Sridevi.
    This sudden loss of Sridevi(54) cannot be compensated. An evergreen star of India from 4 to 54 has disappeared from the the cine world. I am a big fan of Sridevi who never missed to watch her movies. She was an successful actor ruled the Tamil, Telugu and Hindi filmdom. She matched to any character, any role, any dress . A fully versatile actress with complete devotion and dedication to acting. After Padmini, Sarojadevi and Savitri, I have only Sridevi in my mind. Alas! God has called her to heaven to enjoy her acting.
    RIP Sridevi.

No life without Sun

The most gracious and most welled mannered Indian film artist who knows how to be sensual in acting with fully wore customs of Indian culture, very rare one demise again, this actress is an Indian actress that we are proud of. She acted under the line of culture of India and humanity well being which only few actresses have done that, She preciously had shown the real image of Indian Girl. I never had seen any awkward scene of her in films, she is real one of a kind, she is truly an Indian actress.
    MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE

live happily in every situation of life

Let her soul rest in peace. She is one actress who maintained her personality in the same style from day one to the last day. I remember her first movie in Telugu, "Padaharella Vayasu". Her performance and appearance were awesome. She worked under the Director K. Raghavendra Rao in that movie. After getting plastic surgery to her nose her appearance completely changed. I remember many students going to her movies only to see her beauty. From Telugu and Tamil movies she has gone to Hindi movies and got stardom there. The actress had a wonderful career in the film industry and obtained a place for her. Her sudden untimely demise will be a big blow to many of her admirers. Today when this news was shared by my son I could not believe. I convey my condolences to all her family members.
    drrao
    always confident

Sir, she was one of the actress who respect Indian culture not like today's actresses (some actresses) who openly disrespect Indian culture.
    live happily in every situation of life

Morning when I opened the television, this sad news was dominating all the channels and I was totally shocked. Why because she is almost of my age, and I am ardent fan of her. Right from Padhinaru Vayadhinilay, Mundram Pirai and Sadma, I have seen most of her films and liked her acting calibre. In one of the Telugu film, Jagadeka Verudu, Athiloka Sundari, she acted as the Deva Kanya and best suited to that role. Probably she was the only actress in South who acted as wife of NTR and also grand daughter of him. She has acted with all the great heroes of Telugu film Industry. We lost a great actress.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

RIP Sridevi ji..
    It is a big loss for Indian film industry after sudden demise of Sridevi. She is the first female superstar of Bollywood. When I heard the news from my sister I just thought that it was like another rumour. But after watching news in television , came to know that it is true.
    The film of her that I saw was Mr. India in television. Then Chalbaz and Chandni left me speechless. When I saw Sadma I was quite young so, didn't understood then. But when see it again in my college days I again remain spellbound with her acting. Also Himmatwala and Ladla I think a must see films acted by her.
    Recently saw her come back films English Vinglish and Mom which made me her fan again.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.