You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Would you agree if I classify like this?

Dear all,
    ISCians are divided by the medals awarded by ISC stage by stage. I classify the stages as below.

1. Bronze - Entry
    2. Silver - Training
    3. Gold - Practice
    4. Diamond - Perform
    5. Platinum - Retirement

Would you agree or disagree? If you disagree, what is your good views and comments and alternatives?
    I think classifying Platinum as retirement may not be the acceptable classification. Because after getting platinum medal also you should go on performing on the site to retain your platinum medal otherwise it will be withdrawn. That means you will be coming back to either diamond or gold. So I feel the classification for both diamond and platinum should be performing only but not retirement. So my classification will be,
    1. Bronze: Entry 2. Silver: Training 3. Gold: Retainer 4. Diamond: performer to retain 5. Platinum: Super performer to retain.
    I think this will be apt. However, we can look forward to the opinions of other people also.

drrao
    always confident

Instead of your reasoning, I have my own perceptions about the member levels here :
    Bronze- Invitation
    Silver- Beginner
    Gold- Trained to perform
    Diamond- Perform to be retained
    Platinum- Retained to induce others

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A different view on how our status appears on ISC, the terms practice and training are often used interchangeably is simple conversations and information interactive discussions. The term 'retirement' connotes that someone is withdrawing from an active form, this is not the case in ISC. For me, I would like something along these lines 1.Bronze: Novice member, 2.Silver- Member with interest, 3. Gold: Member with potential, 4.Diamond: Full member, 5.Platinum: Seasoned/Veteran Member. We should have one star or status for visitors only and for inactive members. There should also be a small difference in the shields based on the quality of the member's contributions.

I

A different interpretation may like this. For attaining the status of a successful ISCian, one has to pass qualifying entrance examinations like engineering and medical entrance examinations as follows -

Bronze (upto 100 Points) - Preliminary entrance examination
    Silver (101 to 1000 Points)- Main entrance examination
    Gold (1001 to 10000 Points) - Interview / final selection
    Diamond (10001 to 50000 Points and 2,500 points earned in last 12 months)- Working period, junior level
    Platinum (Above 50000 Points and 10,000 points earned in last 12 months) - Working period, senior level

Also, there is no retirement as such since there is no pension scheme applicable. One has to work to earn symbolically. However, one can take voluntary retirement on his/her own.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Since everyone is posting their own perpective I might as well...

Bronze: Posting occasionally in only one of the ISC's sections.
    Silver: Getting good at posting in one of the sections.
    Gold: Getting good at participation in contests.
    Diamond: now the person has grown ambitious and is posting in multiple sections.
    Platinum: Getting pretty good at all sections.

This is how I see.
    Inspired by my own journey.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya Mohan,
    You see differently with no much understanding. A complete misinterpretation of the membership levels with ill fitting explanation

No life without Sun

I agree to the interpretations of Mr. SuN and Mr. Kailash Kumar. But I am concerned about the demotion. How do they interpret an erstwhile Platinum Member who has been downgraded to Diamond/Gold level or a Diamond Member demoted to Gold level?
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Generally, the membership levels are awarded as per the activity of the member. It is not necessary that a member should be overactive to achieve them but loses them later due to diminished activities.

So, best approach from member side is to maintain an average activity so that the levels are acquired gradually and then sustained with that activity for a long time. The qualifying criterion are generally worked by the site administrators in that fashion only.

The existing system appears to me quite sturdy and based on a large sample of averages. Anyway discussing and brainstorming for changes can always bring better methodologies.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments