You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can I use ISC's Social Hub to meet my purpose?

Dear ISC,
    Very recently I raised a thread seeking volunteer donors for a temple festival. Two volunteers showed their interest. However, the thread was deleted stating that the thread was against forum policies.

Now my good doubt is - Can I post such messages in the ISC's social hub and seek the names of volunteer donors to meet the purpose? Is it objectionable or permissible?

Please clarify.
    No, Sun, it is not allowed. ISC does not permit approaching members for any kind of donation through any avenues of ISC. It is improper to use ISC to collect money.

The only time it was allowed (via a forum thread after due permission from the Webmasters) was for a good cause some years back when there was an appeal to contribute to those displaced by an earthquake or a flood (can't recall exactly for what).

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Vandana,

Very Many thanks for your prompt response.

@ This thread may be locked

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.