You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tripura

Tripura: People chose HIRA over Manik

The election is three north-eastern states of Tripura.Meghalaya and Nagaland is over. Today counting is going on. It is now almost 1 p.m. The trend is out. Something unprecedented is going to happen in Tripura. Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) led NDA has trounced left parties led by CPI(M). Out of 60 Assembly seats, the election was held in 59 seats. Till now, the BJP-led alliance has established majority in 39 seats. Left parties are leading in 21 seats. Congress won't be able to open its account.

As earlier requested by the Prime Minister, the people of Tripura have chosen HIRA (Highway-Internet way-Roadways and Airways) over Manik (Manik Sarkar, the Chief Minister of Tripura).
    These results are proving beyond doubt thatIndia is still having good opinion on BJP and they are showing trust on them. It is a welcome change and some people may argue this as the negativity against the ruling party but it is definitely not I feel. If it is negative vote why people has ignored the Congress. But BJP should not take it as granted. They should see that they will do good to the country and win the confidence of the people or otherwise they may also have to face the anger of the people next time if not this time.
    drrao
    always confident

In the morning I was listening to many voters of Tripura who are furious about not getting any formidable thing in making and thus when BJP penetrated into this state, there was a ray of hope and alternate to Manik Sarkar was seen. Though the CM was good and not corrupt, what is the use when he cannot undertake major developmental work without funds. Thus the NDA government especially the BJP has seen this expectation of the voters and made a catch with nice slogan which really worked wonders in Tripura and the history has been created there for the first time overthrowing Communists.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Another heart breaking news for Hindu haters, BJP haters and for so called patriotic secular people. Again when some one will talk against minority, they will become hyper and the integrity of such people will wake up. It seems no end to their pain.

In the morning I saw a news that Congress President Rahul Gandhi was retreating at his grand mother house, probably sensing a defeat in NE elections.
    K Mohan

Yes, Mr. Singh. It seems that there is no end to their pain. Nagaland is also going BJP way. Meghalaya is heading for hung Assembly. BJP is becoming hero from zero in north-east.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Yes, it is really unpredictable results. B.J.P. becomes the hero from zero. The people again trust Narendra Modi and his policies. Congratulations to all the BJP members and P.M. Narendra Modiji and Amit shah for winning the election. It is the result of team work.
    Honesty is the best policy.

5 months ago Kerala's ruling party was inviting UP CM to "learn how to run hospitals". Today while BJP workers in Kerala celebrating the electoral victory in Tripura, Kerala's CM Pinarayi Vijayan went to another state (Tamil Nadu) for a "routine annual medical checkup".

What a irony!

The result from North East is a good indication that people want a change, a change for a better life and hence have chosen a different party.Once again Amit Shah proves why he is called Chankaya or the kingmaker in Indian politics. It's great that the people have endorsed their views. As far as Tripura goes, upsetting Manik Sarkar whose been in power since ?1998 would be a good change.If the BJP keeps up its promises on HIRA for Tripura, it would be a boost for the people's lives, economy, tourism, and growth.

The people from the North-East are pure in heart and initiated a change through the power of the ballot with a hope for the best. They are not bothered about politics and hoped someone would ensure the development for the neglected region and it is the turn of the winners to reciprocate by keeping their election promises. Though the Manik Sarkar Govt. lost its battle, let us not belittle the great leader who is considered to be one of the best Indian politicians for his simplicity and for his corruption free governance.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

And the height of the joke is that Kamala Hassan met Pinari Vijayan and talked about political scenario in general. It seems Kamal is not keeping updated about political happenings in NE.
    K Mohan

Mr. Patro: Manik Sarkar has been personally honest like Dr. MM Singh, but under his rule, there was no development during last 5 years. Party cadres have become increasingly corrupt and political violence by the cadres, although not reported much in the media, was terrible.

The way Mr Modi and his favorite, Mr Amit Shah can do business with the political and cultural scenario of this nation has been proved once again. After the alliance with the PDP in Jammu and Kashmir, it is now the turn in the North-east. Believe me, these are not going to be fruitful coalitions. We need to be worried because BJP is not winning elections based on their performance as a government. It is all about money and business; being from Gujarat does help them in the bargain. Any doubt? I challenge this team to make a space in the South. Alliance without any purpose and just for power does count!

{Response edited. Do not bring religious communities into the discussion.}

'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

For any party, it is always a difficult task to garner the public mandate. Now, in this case, BJP has been successful in this but it has great responsibility ahead and that is to prove its promises and show the development in the state in future.

The public has great expectations from a new party and it is not easy to really mitigate it. Only future time will be the answer to these questions and let us observe how the new Govt brings prosperity and development there.

Knowledge is power.

The people of India now understand the power of democracy. Earlier time, it was just a money or some stuff at the cheaper rate used to buy the votes. The changing scenario of the Indian politics is the result of this change. The development is the only key to remain in the game when the world is changing very fast. Now, religion and cast politics is a history.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Some interesting facts about Tripura elections:-
    1. 44 candidates who contested as BJP candidates out of 51 are ex-Congress members.
    2. CPIM's vote share in 2013 elections is 48% and their present vote share in 2018 is 45%. So they lost only 3% vote share .
    3. BJP mainly got benefited because of loss of vote share of Congress.

1. He was in Congress only three years ago. One day, he went to meet the Vice-President (now President) of the party. At that time, he was a Cabinet Minister in his state. But, the top leader of the party did not pay any attention to him and remained busy to feed his dog instead. He felt terribly insulted, left Congress and with brilliant efficiency he is now destroying Congress in state after state in North-East.

2. He was responsible for a huge victory of the Prime Minister-designate in Varanasi. He completed his task silently away from the glare of the limelight. Three years ago, he silently came to Agartala and started living in a rented accommodation. He learnt Bengali and Kokborok, changed his food-habit, visited every nook and corner of the state, visited every scene of atrocity and brought many new concepts. He did it selflessly without any expectation. He doesn't have any political ambition.

Himanta Biswa Sarma and Sunil Deodhar worked for more than three years to change BJP's vote percentage from 1.5% in 2013 to 48% in 2018 (competing in 51 seats). Do the other parties possess such ''HIRA''?

Astonishing set of facts. If true, the Congress has a lot to learn and nobody but themselves to blame. The ground(hard) work done by the individuals for 3 years is a stellar example of how to work from the grass root level that has resulted in a 46% increase in votes. I hope the new party launchers of the South learn from this.

Natarajan at #628648, yes the facts are astonishing. But the gameplan is going to be unveiled. Take a look at Manipur and Nagaland. Just wait and see.

Biplab Dev, who returned to Agartala after 15 years, is going to be new Chief Minister of Tripura. With the dismantling of the statue of Lenin at Belonia, the new age starts in Tripura.

I am going to post a separate thread on Meghalaya.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Mr. Basistha: Don't be over-excited. Don't respond to more than 10 days old thread.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.