You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Youtube new rule for subscribers and view hours

Does YouTube's new rule for subscribers and view hours (1000 subscriber and 4000 hrs watch time ) needed in last 12 month otherwise you will lose your channel. Does it effected your channel what are you doing to maintain subscriber and watch hours.

I have lost monetization features for my YouTube channel due to less activity but now working some hours to get my channel again. can you share some more tips to improve channel.
    Youtube has been mercilessly used by the subscribers with one or two personal videos and then totally forgetting the channel thus created without even visiting to respond for the comments received and thus many net users might have complained and thus this Youtube has to come with new missives. In every website they are guarded by their own rules and policies and it is nothing wrong on the part of Youtube to come with its strict policy so that only serious contributors who are uploading videos regularly be stay with them and not the time pass subscribers. I do not have any channel for that matter.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The number of uploads is becoming more on Youtube and probably the new rules might have come into effect. There is no point of giving monetization facility for the videos which are viewed less. All the videos uploaded on the Youtube are not meant for monetization. Personal videos will not be made available for comments. Only videos of general nature will be up for monetization and open for comments.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

The higher target means that only serious players can continue and qualify, this would increase the quality of the contents posted and hence generate more revenue. Youtube has faced issues when advertisers complained about finding their ads next to inappropriate videos. Along with this would be the disturbing videos, when such things need to be filtered or scrutinized, tougher rules would be the way forward.
    If some has good content that is acceptable and useful, this would still attract attention because over a period of few weeks or a couple of months, the small players would slowly drop out. Once this transition phase is over, if one is consistently good, then they still can meet the 12 month target.

When we signed the Terms & Conditions of the site, the same time we are also abide by them so in case the site has ruled the steps for deleting videos with lesser views then simply the most quality videos will only survive. Practically, there is a cost involve in posting videos as well as managing those entries. Adding that there is a limitation of storage also so that's ok.

2 months back, another ISCian raised the same concern
    Important updates to the YouTube Partner Program and it will affect many YouTubers

I am still confused, only Monetization will be cancelled or the channel itself will get deactivated?

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Monetization will be cancelled in if a channel does not have 1000 subscriber and 4000 hrs watch time in a year. It will certainly affect the small YouTube creators. It is not easy for everyone to maintain 1000 subscriber and 4000 hrs watch time. My channel does not have such subscriber and watches time. So, I also have lost monetization of the channel. In this situation the only monetization will be cancelled, the channel will not be deactivated.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.