You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Holy five in North and South India.

Our India has Her Pride in many things. Among one is Thiruvaiyaru, a village near Thanjavur of Tamilnadu is famous as the river Cauvery is flowing by dividing into Cauvery, kudamurutti,vennaru,vettaru,vadavaru as five rivers and so why the God's name in the Shiva temple of this village is 'Panchanatheeswar'. This place is called 'Pancha Nathi Sthala'. Similarly in North we have five rivers Sindhu,Ganga,seelam,satlej and beas.
    We worship the sound and light as medians to reach God. The major five sounds as Viswanatham,Somanatham, Vaidyanatham,Jagannatham and Ramanatham and among the five one is in south india Rameswaram and other four are Utter Pradesh. This five is called 'Panchanatheeswar' Naatha sthalas'
    1. There are five elements in this universe i.e. Dharti (Earth), Agni (Fire), Jal (Water), Vayu (Air) and Akash (Sky or Space ).
    2. Muslims pray to Allah five times a day.
    3. The five sacred Sikh symbols prescribed by Guru Gobind Singh are the 'Five Ks' (Panch Kakar) i.e. Kesh (unshorn hair), Kangha (the comb), Kara (the steel bracelet), Kachhehra (the soldiers shorts), and Kirpaan (the sword).
    4. The Hindu calendar is called panchang because it has five angas (parts) i.e. Tithi (date), Vara (day ), Nakshatra (position of the stars), Karan (position of the moon) and Yoga (auspicious moment).
    5. The senses are five in number- skin, eyes, nose, ears and tongue.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The number five has very good importance in the world. Pancha Bhutallu is very important for a human being. Similarly, we will look for 5 important things to start certain activities. They are the date, day, star, position of moon and time. The place Punjab got the name because of the five rivers flowing in that area.
    Pandavulu who won the battle with the help of Lord Krishna is also five members. Thus 5 is having a speciality I feel.

drrao
    always confident

The author gave nice description and the importance of five and mentioned which relates to river, Lord Shiva and his five names. The subsequent responses were also good. In this regard I wish to mention that the law of average also deals with number five. For example if you are a sales person and comes with failure of order with first one or two customers, never get bowed down, as the law of average time and again proved that on completing five attempts one would be succeed in getting the success at least in one out of five. That is why sales man never get dejected as he is sure of customer in five calls.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Nice to know about the holy five of the North and South. Thiruvaiyaru is also well known for the resting place of Saint Thygaraja swamigal.

• Sign In to post your comments