You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is International Women's Day - Let us Salute the women on this earth

Dear All,
    Today is International Women's Day. On this lovely day, let us salute and write praising words about the women.

My words - No women, no life. They are the lifeline on this good earth.
    Is there any relevance and requirement of observing the 'International Women's Day' as all days are actually women's day. Further, the 'International Women's Day' doesn't mean that some women from any foreign country is going to come in our life. We have to be happy and content with our own women only, whom we treat like Goddesses.

Prayers are nothing but verbally and eloquently eulogising someone. Thus in case of women only prayers don't work. Some 'prasad' has also to be offered in material form as a token of respect, love, affection and appreciation.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Happy women day to all the female members of the site. Women's contribution can not be ignored. Even in this ISC, we can see most of the women who participate actively. I agree with the author that no life without women on the earth.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I wish all the women a happy women's day today. For the success of every man in this world, there will be a woman behind. This is a true statement only. A woman as a daughter, wife, mother, sister, sister in law, grandmother so on and so forth will play an important role in the family and maintains the family in such a way that all the family members will be happy with her. These days if you observe a working woman it is very difficult to understand how she manages her day in the house with husband and children and in the office with her boss, colleagues and subordinates.
    Indian Puranas says where the ladies are getting worshipped there always happiness will b there. It is not good for the family if the lady is not happy in the house.
    Today in Telangana all working women in government offices were given a special holiday to celebrate international women's day.

always confident

International Women's Day is celebrated on March 8 every year so heartily congratulations to all. Going back to the history, the first observance of a Women's Day was celebrated on 28.02.1909 in New York. This day was officially suggested by International Woman's Conference in 1910 to come into existing "International Woman's Day." while the same was adopted the United Nations in the year 1975.

Each day has its specific significance & has a history too & this day is celebrated for the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women.

As the day is being celebrated, the discussions will continue focusing on upliftment of women along with the data shown on the changes being taking place throughout world.

Happy women's day. Hat's off to the women who don multipe roles of daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, mother, wife often many at one time and yet managing to hold the family together.

Today, I learn't an interesting fact that among patients with chronic kidney disease needing dialysis men often outnumber women ( around 70 vs 30) in many parts of India. One among the many likely causes is that, women often tend to forget/ignore their own needs while caring for the family.

Another thoughtful quote I came across today was 'Men, please don't put women on a pedestal, just give her an equal platform in all aspects of life'.

I am also joining with other members to wish all the women members of this site and all the women of the world the best wishes and good wishes for International women's day. Indian women are known for the multi tasking abilities as she would look after the husband, nurture the children, take care of the elders at home. keep the house neat and clean and above all she does all the chores on her own and no salary is paid for her hard work daily. In fact ever Indian gets immense pleasure in serving the family no matter she gets the right food or not. That is the power of the women in India.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments