You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sakleshpur: Poor man's Ooty

The beautiful town is located in Hassan district of Karnataka. Sakleshpur town enjoys a temperate climate. It presents a scenic environment, pleasant climate and beautiful green hills. Coffee, cardamom and pepper plantations soothe the eyes.

Sakleshpur is lying on the lap of the Western Ghat range. Tourists enjoy the pristine beauty of Bisle Reserve Forest at a distance of around 40 kilometres from the town. Manjarabad fort provides a breathtaking view of the Western Ghat ranges. Trekking in the Bisle Forest and Kumara Parvatha is an added attraction for the trekkers.

The town on the Bangalore-Mangalore Highway is known as ''Poor man's Ooty''. However, the small and beautiful hill station is not very popular outside Karnataka, Tamil Nadu or Kerala.
    I have visited many places in Karnataka and my brother is staying in Bangalore. He has not mentioned about this spot so far. A good piece of information from the author. I feel I should visit this place during my next visit to Bangalore.
    always confident

Sakleshpur has not been projected as a tourist spot when compared to its tag of a good place for coffee estates and plantations. There are homestays that offer a comfortable day's experience. This can be visited enroute to Coorg or the holy shrines of Kukke Subramanya and Dharmasthala.

In my life time I heard about the Horsely Hills at Madanapalle in AP but nearer to Bengaluru and never heard about Sakleshpur, the poor mans Ooty. Nevertheless when ever I go to Bengaluru in near future I shall try this place.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments