You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why there are no women in KCR's cabinet

After bifurcation of AP, the Telangana State has formed and KCR is the first Chief Minister of this state. Already 4 years are almost over and next year again elections are in the offing. But KCR had not offered Minister post to even a single woman in this state. In India, at present, I think Telangana is the only state where there are no lady ministers in the cabinet. His daughter is an MP.But there are some other lady MLAs. Probably he may be feeling that ladies will have many other responsibilities and hence they may not have sufficient time to discharge duties as ministers. He is fighting with the central government for increasing the reservations maximum limit from 50%. But why he is not thinking about 33% reservations to ladies in his own cabinet?
    I don't think there would be much to discuss. As in many states, women have been doing well and at times better than their male counterparts in politics, so this reason would be least likely. Hence, the most likely reason would be a personal wrong perception about women in politics or a personal agenda.

It would be difficult to eliminate the wrong impression of any one else, however, the fact is that the bevy of ladies have shown their caliber in almost all the fields with which they are attached. Even in the politics, they have shown their brilliance and have proved that in no way they are less capable. To name a few, Sarojini Naidu, Indira Gandhi, Jailalita etc have played commendable roles in the field of politics and they would remain immortals because of their significant roles.

What I feel that TRS is the new political party and they captured power through agitation and public support. KCR had the compulsion to accommodate many people who fought for the agitation and hence could not give the chance to women. Now that four years has passed and he is doing a good administration. there was no demand from the women to have a minister ship at least. Nevertheless TRS should have women presence in the cabinet and KCR daughter should press this point with her father. Without even having women in the cabinet, pro -women programs and policies are formulated.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As far as I know, KCR is a little bit whimsical and doesn't tolerate increasing popularity of any other leader, even if from his own party. The reason for not appointing any lady in his Cabinet may be related to his nature. He may not trust any lady MLA of his own party. It may also be possible that the number of lady MLAs of his party is very few, so he couldn't appoint any one of them.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

His daughter is the MP and doing wonderful job in Parliament and in fact she extended support to the cause of AP MP's in seeking special status to that state. Yes there are few women in his party and no women in his cabinet but that does mean that KCR is anti women. His policies and programs and understanding the plight of the women is known and his Shadi Mubarak and Kalyana Lakshmi schemes to provide financial aid to the poor during marriages are the testimony of his understanding of the women. Nevertheless TRS was also a new party and flaws must have happened and during next elections he shall come with concrete proposals.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments