Article Contest- "What to do ___ [Travelling/Vacation]" - write & win prizes!Here's an exciting article contest based on the "What to do" theme. We had one last year on What to do in an emergency situation.
For this March 2018 contest, focus on what to do on travel/holiday/trips/trekking/vacations. The scenarios would be related to, for example, losing check-in luggage, forgetting hand baggage on the plane, not getting the hotel room despite having booked it earlier, some medical issue arising during a flight or a road trip, getting lost on a hiking expedition, falling ill when alone, forgetting luggage on a train, missing a connecting train, etc.
Important note: Unlike earlier, we will not be allowing participants to select topics in advance. Based on past such contests, it was found that members were selecting many topics, but not actually writing them. This was being unfair to other participants since the topics were blocked to them. Hence, we are reverting back to our basic format by simply announcing the contest topic. So, as soon as you submit an article in the articles section (not in draft mode, but published), give the URL in a response to this thread.
However, before submitting articles, search in ISC for the topics to make sure there are not many articles on the same topic (e.g. losing your passport while on a trip). Of course, we do allow similar articles since some members may narrate their actual experience of a particular situation which would be unique & different from other articles.
- Your article should be based on a situation related to a vacation, while travelling, on a trek, a road trip, etc. It could be any mode of travel, any location, any situation. It need not even be some way to tackle a bad situation, but you could also give general tips, such as 'What to do before.....' which will help to preempt something going wrong in the first place!
- Your article's title must start with "What to do". Example: What to do when..... / What to do if.......; What to do during.....' etc
- You are welcome to give self-taken images and give relevant internal links. These will be considered for additional points & cc for the article.
- After you publish your articles, leave a response in this thread with clickable links to your articles to be eligible for the awards for this contest.
- Multiple entries are allowed. Put the URLs of all the articles in one response only & not in multiple responses in this thread.
- Any articles related to this contest topic which were submitted prior to this announcement will not be considered as a valid entry.
1. First prize (Two): Rs. 250/- and 125 points for each.
2. Two runners-up will be awarded Rs. 150/- and 75points each.
3. In case of overall high-quality entries, consolation prizes may also be awarded with Rs. 100/- and 50 points each.
Last date of submission: 23rd March 2018 (there will be no extension of the date.)
If you have any queries regarding this contest, post them in a response in this thread itself.