You must Sign In to post a response.
Ever been in a situation while travelling on a trip or during a vacation and did not know what to do to tackle a bad situation? Share your experiences, give tips & advice through this unique article contest!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Article Contest- "What to do ___ [Travelling/Vacation]" - write & win prizes!

Here's an exciting article contest based on the "What to do" theme. We had one last year on What to do in an emergency situation.

For this March 2018 contest, focus on what to do on travel/holiday/trips/trekking/vacations. The scenarios would be related to, for example, losing check-in luggage, forgetting hand baggage on the plane, not getting the hotel room despite having booked it earlier, some medical issue arising during a flight or a road trip, getting lost on a hiking expedition, falling ill when alone, forgetting luggage on a train, missing a connecting train, etc.

Important note: Unlike earlier, we will not be allowing participants to select topics in advance. Based on past such contests, it was found that members were selecting many topics, but not actually writing them. This was being unfair to other participants, since the topics were blocked to them. Hence, we are reverting back to our basic format by simply announcing the contest topic. So, as soon as you submit an article in the articles section (not in draft mode, but published), give the URL in a response to this thread.

However, before submitting articles, search in ISC for the topics to make sure there are not many articles on the same topic (e.g. losing your passport while on a trip). Of course, we do allow similar articles since some members may narrate their actual experience of a particular situation which would be unique & different from other articles.

Rules
    1. Your article should be based on a situation related to a vacation, while travelling, on a trek, a road trip, etc. It could be any mode of travel, any location, any situation. It need not even be some way to tackle a bad situation, but you could also give general tips, such as 'What to do before.....' which will help to preempt something going wrong in the first place!

2. Your article's title must start with "What to do". Example: What to do when..... / What to do if.......; What to do during.....' etc

3. You are welcome to give self-taken images and give relevant internal links. These will be considered for additional points & cc for the article.

4. After you publish your articles, leave a response in this thread with clickable links to your articles to be eligible for the awards for this contest.

5. Multiple entries are allowed. Put the URLs of all the articles in one response only & not in multiple responses in this thread.

6. Any articles related to this contest topic which were submitted prior to this announcement will not be considered as a valid entry.

Awards:
    1. First prize (Two): Rs. 250/- and 125 points for each.
    2. Two runners-up will be awarded Rs. 150/- and 75points each.
    3. In case of overall high-quality entries, consolation prizes may also be awarded with Rs. 100/- and 50 points each.

Last date of submission: 23rd March 2018 (there will be no extension of the date.)

If you have any queries regarding this contest, post them in a response in this thread itself.
    It should be "what to do in an emergency situation" Editors kindly correct the typing error in the spelling of emergency.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

My submission for the contest.

What to do if a baby gets cranky while travelling

What to do if there are bed bugs in your hotel room

My first article would be on medical emergency during air travel. I will submit the article by tomorrow.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

My entries for the contest are:
    1. What to do to get confirmed rail ticket during vacation?
    2. What to do for the safety of your luggage while travelling?

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry for the contest is:
    1. What to do when your link train is missed.
    2. What to do when your checked-in luggage is lost during air travel
    3. What to do when your house is burgled during celebrating holiday/ traveling away from home.

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

My entry
    1. What to do when your flight is canceled or delayed?
    2. What to do in case of a forest fire while trekking?
    3. What to do if you fall out of the raft while rafting?

My next article is on bed bugs in hotel room. The article is almost ready and I will submit it by tomorrow.

My submission is on what to do when children go missing, it should be posted soon.

My submission:-

(a) What to do if there is an medical emergency during air travel

(b) What to do during cyclone while visiting a coastal area: Personal experience of Cyclone Thane

(c) What to do when your wallet or passport is lost on travel

(d) What to do when a member of the team gets injured/becomes unwell while trekking

My first submission to this contest is
    What to do when children get lost on a holiday?.

My next article is-
    What to do when your check -in luggage is lost during air travel.
    will be submitted shortly.

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

My next submission is submitted as a draft, will update it by the end of the day.
    It is What to do when the tourist becomes a victim of abuse?

Everyone,

It has been made very clear that you should simply submit your article and give the URL, not state which article you are going to write, which would be equivalent to blocking the topic.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

My entry to the contest
    What to do, when you make a tour plan, via tour agency?

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

My entry for the contest.
    What to do in case you miss your scheduled flight

drrao
    always confident

My second entry for the contest.What to do when the tourist becomes a victim of abuse?.

Here is my entry
    1.What to do if your travel bag gets exchanged with someone else's bag

Live life Kingsize!

I am finding difficulties in attaching pictures to my article.
    Each time I enclose one I'm redirected to homepage. Kindly look into it.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Kindly edit and correct the last date of submission(year) as 2018.

This is my article entry.
    What to do when your trekking spot is blocked

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My entry for Contest.
    What to do when you are robbed during your Travel Journey

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

My submissions to this article contest
    1.What to do when children get lost on a holiday?.
    2.What to do when the tourist becomes a victim of abuse?.
    3.What to do when tourists are caught in a Sudden National Crisis?.

Aditya,

Missed your response in this thread - what exactly is the problem you are facing? Is there an error message coming on the screen when you try to upload the image for the article? Could you attach a snapshot of it?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Here are my entries for the contest -

1. What to do at an airport a step-by-step guide for first-time international travellers
    2. What to do on your first trek or hike - the ultimate checklist

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I am having problems in posting my next article titled-What to do if you have a kid or a baby with you during your journey
    So I have sent it to ME madam's email id.

Live life Kingsize!

Please find below my entry for the contest.

What to do on missing the train after getting down at an intermediate station

Mr. Vij: Mr. NK Sharma has also posted an article on the similar (same) topic.

I could not submit at least one article due to the restriction which was suddenly imposed on me by the system.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.