You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Why lokesh rahul is not in playing XI?

India are currently in Srilanka for Nidahas Triseries. Lokesh Rahul was not in playing XI against Srilanka and Bangladesh. I think he is a good player, then why he was not given a chance?
    The present opening pair has been doing reasonably well. So, I don't think there is a need to change the opening combination. Having said that, I must state that Lokesh Rahul is a very good opener and part-time wicket-keeper. He is very much in the radar of the Indian selectors.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

A good question. Lokesh Rahul is a good batsman from Karnataka. He could have been included in the Srilankan series. Just a few days back I read about, Sanjay Manjrekar not being happy about the selectors going for Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik in the absence of MS Dhoni. We need to groom batsmen who can keep wickets also. In this regards, Lokesh Rahul would have been a good choice.

Lokesh Rahul is a good opener and he is having some experience in wicket keeping also. Probably he will get a chance in the coming matches. I feel he is good as an opener but presently Rohit and Dhawan are doing good as openers. But he can be tried as a batman and as a wicketkeeper. Dinesh and Partiv are also getting aged and we require a young wicketkeeper. So I think he must be tried as batsman cum wicketkeeper.
    drrao
    always confident

The selectors and the team captain has the last laugh in selecting the right candidates for the particular match and hence we cannot question the selectors and captain as there are many parameters to decide a player.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.