You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Adham Khan's tomb: Is it Delhi's Bhool Bhoolaiya?

This little-known tomb is located in the Mehrauli area of Delhi (just behind the Qutab Minar and Sanjay Van). The tomb was built in 1562. It displays an octagonal structure. The tomb has a veranda with three openings. There is a myth associated with the tomb. It is said that once an entire 'baraat' (marriage party), which took refuge in this tomb, went missing. But considering the not very large structure of the tomb, the story is very doubtful. But some people like to call it Delhi's Bhool Bhoolaiya due to the myth associated with it.

The tomb presents an excellent view of the Qutab Minar from a different angle. However, the tourists visiting the tomb must be careful about some urchins living in this tomb.
    During my visit to Delhi with my wife, we visited this place. Even though it is a small place I like the structure. I got an additional information about the structure through this post.
    always confident

When I was in Delhi for five years , I did visit Qutub Minar, but never visited the Adham Khans tomb. But for me the Jantar Mantar seems to be more fascinating than anything.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There would be many such tombs located in historical cities in North, is there any other significance other than the good views of Qutub Minar?

• Sign In to post your comments