You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is the same standard applicable to me also?

This post is addressed to the Members. Please refer to my earlier post which was abruptly locked:-

Shame: Selfie with a man while assaulting him mortally

In that particular thread, a Member called me names and insulted me (#628314). He dared to call me a 'vulture'. Then what did the Lead Editor do? He edited the response and gave him 0 points. Furthermore, he abruptly locked the post, so that I can't suitably reply that Member. All my responses in that post were given 0 points, whereas the responses which ridiculed my views were given points. Even when I raised another post to protest against this injustice, that post was also abruptly locked.

From the above episode, the blatantly partisan and parochial attitude of the Lead Editor is clearly understood. I also surmise that the particular abusive Member has the blessings of the Lead Editor and may be of some other Editors. I am least bothered.

But why have I raised this present post? I have a curious mind. I would like to know if I abuse any Member in future, then what would happen to that response? Will an Editor edit my response, change the abusive words, give 0 points (instead of negative points) and close the thread? I hope so.

If it doesn't happen, I will give the example of my ''selfie''-thread of Kerala.
    [Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Mr. Ankit: I insincerely thank you for your insincere apology.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Ankit - your response in this thread was in bad taste. An apology should be sincere, not couched with veiled personal taunts.

Jeet Singh - you are requested yet again not to harp on bygone issues and bring the past into the present. Let go.

Partha K. - in that thread, the action was taken as was deemed appropriate. Your responses were not awarded zero points. Only one was, that too it got zero due it being deleted for a remark made therein. Also, do not constantly berate a "Lead Editor". It is becoming too personal and uncalled for. I have made it clear quite often that there is a team of forum editors and any of them would take the appropriate action as per the Webmaster's guidelines for editors.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Partha K,

I am locking this thread as I think it is in the best overall interest of our forum.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Its really mind opening action by admin. This is what we need a free decision without any favouritism. The rules should be equal to all whether it is ex editor, editor or any member. At least there is a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel. We only need it to continue.

It would really had been great if such action would have taken before my provocative response. I hope the admin's action do not need any provocation but should come naturally. Why I am saying this is until I posted my response, the first response was not deleted.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.