You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can Rahul Gandhi smell a shot at victory in 2019?

Politics is a like a game of chess, wherein there will be moves and countermoves to be successful. At times the opponent provides a chances by an making a small error. At such times, it's good to be bold and take the advantage handed over to you.

Similarly, Rahul Gandhi, has been sidelined with the loss in Gujarat. Since then the public and parties have been targeting him and Congress.

Around a month ago, BJP lost seats in Rajasthan and Sachin Pilot gave some much needed victory to Congress (Alwar, Ajmer and Mandalgarh). In WB too BJP was beaten by TMC. Then the northeast, Tripura could have been in the Congress kitty, if they had planned well but they could not get an alliance despite being the single party to have the maximum seats. Now, BJP has lost all 3 by elections in UP and Bihar. This would also be a potential blow for BJP's chances in the upcoming polls in Karnataka.

Can Rahul Gandhi and his think tank take this opportunity and trun it around forming alliances, revising it's poll stragies etc and become a force to reckon in 2019. I think, if the Congress can get it's act together and be smart like BJP to choose its partners, it can potentially give the BJP a run for its money next year.
    It is true. The success of the party definitely depends on the planning and choosing good partners in various states of India. SP and BSP alliance made the difference in Uttar Pradesh. The Chief Minister of the State who is supposed to be doing good work in the seat is not able to retain the seat where he was the victorious candidate. This loss should be an eye-opener for the Party think tank. Nothing can be taken for granted.
    Now if congress party can make a thinking and discuss with various other parties in various states and if a good front is formed, definitely chances for Congress will increase. In southern states, Congress is having a hold in Karnataka. But in all other states, there is no grip for either Congress or BJP. So Congress can have good partners in the south and some other states, their chances will definitely increase.

drrao
    always confident

I would say that it is a misfortune of the congress party that it has a leader like Rahul Gandhi due to dynastic considerations. Though it is practically not possible but replacing Rahul Gandhi with an intelligent, determined and dedicated leader who is acceptable to all other leaders in the fold of congress party can win enough seats to form at least a coalition Government after the next general election in 2019.

The basic problem of congress party has always been the fact that it had many competent leaders and none of them were willing to accept the others as their leader unconditionally. Because of this reason only the scion of Nehru-Gandhi family could become the official leader of the party.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Rahul Gandhi is a brand that's never going to work in the Indian Politics.

The young generations never imagined this guy as an inspiration or as a leader. Where ever he speaks he makes us laugh. If anyone would have seen the interview with Arnav Goswami in the "TIMES NOW" then this should be good enough to create an understanding of him. He doesn't even know about how to respect its own party workers. Almost a dumb celebrity who never knew about what to say & how to react. His body language always suggests that he is not clear about what he wants to do Or what he needs to do ?

It's very much unfortunate for the congress party to have PM candidate like him. The position as a president in the congress party has just been given to him & not that he elected for.

I feel pity for Rahul Gandhi. He has been continuously facing the defeat in every elections and that is bringing disgrace to the party. Actually the party ranks thought that after his elevation in the party, the things would improve and he would turn the table. But the Congress has been eliminated systematically in every state and thus they are non consequence even in the minds of opposition. Just imagine, KCR calling pot shots against the BJP and even in the job of aligning all the like minded parties for bigger front sans Congress and BJP. So Rahul Gandhi has lost the moral ground even to convene a meeting of the opposition parties to fight against the BJP in future . So future seems to be bleak for Congress as regional parties wont ally with it and have the chances of total rout. And Congress alone cannot go for any elections in future fearing even loss of deposits. Therefore Rahul must pave way for Priyanka Gandhi.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

If Congress wants to change its fortune, the party has to immediately appoint dynamic young and educated leaders like Jyotiraditya Sindhia, Rajesh Pilot or others in place of Rahul Gandhi. But such thinking is almost blasphemous in the party. We all know what happened to Sehzad Poonawala who expressed the desire to contest in the party presidential election. He has been thrown out of the party.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

The ground situation is that each party has more than one Prime Minister aspirant . Country can have only one PM at a time. So even if the opposition alliance or adjustment withstands till polling and results, there will not be such easy consensus as to who will be the PM . There will be much more claims for Deputy PM. That post may see two or more deputies.

In his own party Rahul Gandhi may have to face disenchantment and rebel voices, unless the victory is very impressive and convincing. As of now the chances are too far for that. Rahul himself will not be able to lead the diverse parties convincingly and with command. Seeing his till day talking and behaviour, I am afraid his words or deeds may cause dissatisfaction and disfavour and disunity in the opposition alliance at sometime. Mamta or even Nitish may evolve as more acceptable candidates by turn of situations by then.

Hence I do not foresee Rahul as PM , even though I smell a diminished majority for NDA or even some shockers, from the current indications and trend.

Now the recent development being, Chandrababu Naidu is out of NDA. He is the most powerful and strategic leader of the South and can create ripples for Congress and BJP. One more development is that the DMK leader Stalin has pitched for Dravida Nadu , that means all the four states must pull out of Nation and form as Southern India by naming it Dravida Nadu. This was even mooted during Periar times. In these circumstances the position of Congress not even thought off. And on the other hand KCR is already in touch with like minded parties to have non BJP , Non Congress unity . So Congress kicked out of arena as of today.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

In the present scenario, I cannot say it is 100% true but after all, it would provide extra energy and motivation to the worker of Congress in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Karnataka. It is also warning sign for the leaders of BJP they have to think and resolve the problem. I hope BJP leaders will analyze the whole situation and would take action. But we can say that the election for 2019 will be interesting.
    Honesty is the best policy.

The victory in UP to BSP and SP alliance is no way a success for Congress. But Congress should learn a lesson from the event and should understand that a good alliance may bring success to them. All alone they can't win. So Rahul Gandhi should think in that direction and should make good friends contest in elections. He should not believe in people like KCR who ditched them in 2014 elections after getting Telangana state. Then there may be some good hope for them. But in this elections, Southern states are going to play an important role. No state except Karnataka will vote for either BJP or Congress. So the local parties which we all have their MPs can definitely have an upper hand in giving their support for the formation of the government. But this very fact is forgotten by both BJP and Congress.
    drrao
    always confident

Looks like Sonia Gandhi is going to make her presence felt and take on the role of mobilizing the support and acceptance of Congress as a viable alternative.
    A few days back, at India Today Conclave 2018, she took a dig at BJP for not keeping promises and expressed confidence that Congress will be back in 2019.
    Today at the 84th Congress session, she targetted Modi for not keeping up the promises and said that the top priority today is how to make Congress more stronger.

I do not think Congress will be back till 10 years due to his work for 60 years. People tried Congress for 60 year and result was very slow and full failure . I think we need to give chance to BJP for 20 year and check the difference between Congress and BJP.

This time election win for opposition is good for BJP they will more alert in future election and will try more to win . I hope Modi as PM will not change and CM level changes may happen in future . I am with BJP till its going well and I feel world feel well for India due to Modi so We need to support them instead of putting our country to Congress hand.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

At the 'Change is Now' Conclave, Congress plans a strategy to take on BJP. Major agendas - Economic Front, Foreign affairs and Agriculture, Unemployment and poverty alleviation. Once the discussion at the meet is over, it'll announce the party plan for 2019. Mr.Rahul Gandhi also mentioned that Congress is the only party that can take India forward. (http://www.deccanherald.com/content/665108/cong-set-roll-road-map.html).

• Sign In to post your comments