You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Running Short Of TIme...What We Are Upto!!!!!

I do find a huge differences whenever I go for a comparison within the existing technologies in those periods.

In terms of transportation & in terms of the means Communication, we can see a lot of changes which is evident in our locality as well. We never had the mobiles so commonly used during our childhood days that now many of us carrying two mobile phones even branded one. With this & including the Internet & the Laptops & the computers that information takes few seconds to reach to anywhere in this world.

Similarly, the traditional transports were the bullock cart which has been replaced by the fast & powerful moving engines. When earlier even few kilometers would take few hours but now & with the technology we can around the world & can come back to the origin the next day. So much has elapsed during this. That we are getting faster & faster but still running short of time. What we are up to. It's always something missing & we don't know what but continuously wanting for more. Still unsatisfied & thirsty. We have achieved a milestone & another one ready to take over.

Everyone would have heard of Steve Jobs. According to him,

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others' eyes, my life is an epitome of success. At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death. In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer…..?"
    The man has achieved many things. He hoisted the flag on Mount Everest. He stepped on the Moon. He has sent satellites to other parts of the solar system. He discovered atom bombs. He has created robots. He improved upon the existing transport systems and communication systems. But he discovered heart transplantation. Even after doing all these aspects also he is not happy and he is not satisfied. He will be running after these mortal things but forgets that he can't make the time to stop. Not he even time also cant stop time. He can't increase the life a person by a single second. The death is ultimate for any born. We know this fact but we run after materialistic world and look for temporary gains. But once we are out of this body we don't know where we are and what we are? Then we should we think that we are running short of time.
    drrao
    always confident

A thoughtful thread, Man has been evolving, achieving many things with such rapid pace and speed that travel, communication, growth everything is faster.
    Running short of time. What are we up to? I would say in our endeavours called as advancement,we have ended running short time in our own lives, our water reserves, our green cover, our pure air, our stress-free life all are dwindling.
    If you look at it from a philosophical angle, some of us are fasting the speed with which the end comes. All this comes as an abrupt realization if one suddenly suffers a life-changing experience, loss of a loved one, a diagnosis of terminal cancer or even a spiritual awakening.

Steve Jobs, was one of the most successful people on Earth but sadly lying on his deathbed, he realised the real value of life which is not the materialistic achievement but living the life as a true human being. Unfortunately, such realisations come very late in life. Blessed are those who understand this early and start truly enjoying life.

• Sign In to post your comments