You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Karnataka

A new religion delivered by political decision of Karnataka Cabinet, how many more will be coming?

Political opportunism and electoral time gimmicks and appeasement are turning out to be slow poisoning to our nation.

While the need of the day is merging of minds by withering away of the walls of religion and other differences, a democratically elected government of a state, headed by a party declaring itself as secular,in this secular nation, has taken a portentous, short sighted action just to have a temporary gain of few extra electoral seats in the coming elections.

The present Karnataka ruling side has exposed its divisive nature and intentions a second time- the earlier one was to say about a separate flag for the state.
    I am sure this will now lead to opening a Pandora's box. When the Berlin wall has been broken, when the two Korea s are coming near , when unity is being tried everywhere, it is ironical and surprising that a ruling party in a state in this magnanimous nation is resorting to divisive activities.

It then leads to serious doubts about intentions and motives.
    The Karnataka ruling side has played its cards shrewdly." Heads I win ; tails you lose" strategy.
    It has played well to clearly embarrass the centre ruling party,by placing the ball in centre's court. If the centre rejects, then they can easily exploit the opportunity by turning the Lingayats against the ruling party in centre and easily score points and seats. If it is accepted by centre, then also they can claim victory and get the Lingayat votes in toto.

Though the Karnataka ruling side can claim to have played a smart move and a game changer strategy. As Lingayat politicians are there in other parties too, we can expect some churning.All these are going to be detrimental to the nation and even to the same party in due course..
    There is a fear phobia haunting the Karnataka Congress as the BJP which is winning state after the state would use full force to snatch the power from Congress. Already PM Modi who made many visits to the state as even criticised the Congress government as 10 percent commission accepting government for every contract and thus it has brought bad repute to the Siddaramiah government. The present government cannot boast of any development schemes to its credit and thus playing the separate flag bogie and dividing and ruling policies between the languages. This kind of cheap politics would be rejected.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The policy is devastatingly simple. Divide the Hindus in terms of castes, sub-castes, tribes, sub-tribes, OBCs, BCs, regions, languages, and what not and consolidate the minorities in the name of secularism. This policy occasionally becomes successful, but the success rate is going down. In the recent by-election, we have seen the success of this policy. But at the same time, we also see what happens after the declaration of the result. My today's thread on Araria may kindly be read in this context.

I am sure that people (of all communities) will definitely understand this dangerous, devastating and divisive game-plan. The recent spontaneous social movement going on among the women of a particular community proves this truth. People will throw these corrupt and divisive leaders in the dustbin of history and politics-if not today, definitely by tomorrow.

The empty slogan of secularism and social justice won't do.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Divisive politics is the hallmark of India, be it nowadays democratic set up or the pre-independence 200 years long British era or even prior to that, the Muslim rule era. Alas, we never had nationalistic feeling like the people of Japan or China. We always preferred to ensure that our competitor, even if it is our own brother, is not able to succeed at any cost, even at the cost of living as a slave of a foreign ruler as in the past.

Few weeks ago I had raised a thread which was deleted by the editors. It had logically discussed as to how we are drifting again toward an unending era ruled by a different religious group of Indians by adopting such divisive politics.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This issue of a separate religion/religious tag goes as back as 1940s. It is an embarrassment that this issue has been brought into the limelight and thrust into the hands of center. It is sad that people in power can do this and nobody can question them. This minority appeasement attitude happens everywhere, in a few years time it will complete a full cycle and general merit would become a minority asking for reservation quota.

The decision is to fish in troubled waters. It creates a new space for reservations and other financial aids and all the benefits which a religious minority is given as per constitution and all subsequent decisions of Parliament and legislatures.

It may lead(God forbid) to another Mandal type of movement by the many groups which are in the periphery or border , but not getting full fledged reservation facility. There will be many disappointments and desperation, envy and lost sense among many other groups. All such dissatisfaction and sense of betrayal will express in some other forms, not necessarily election arithmetic's. As we know there are ready and waiting external and internal elements who will usurp any such occasion to foment trouble in this country.
    Hope the ordinary citizen will understand the tricks and gimmicks of vested interests (including selfish short sighted political leaders) and teach them a lesson in most peaceful and democratic way. Then only we can say that we are a mature democracy.

This is a recommendation by the Government of Karnataka aimed at taking advantage of Lingayat votes in the coming elections to the Stae Assembly. This recommendation is certainly going to be turned down by the Government of India. As explained above whatever may be the decision of the Government of India, the Congress party may get an advantage. We are likely to see many more different types of gimmicks by all the political parties before April 2019.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

''As explained above whatever may be the decision of the Government of India, the Congress party may get an advantage.''-Sir, I humbly beg to differ. On the contrary, Congress has ensured consolidation of Hindu vote bank AGAINST the party and handing over the state to BJP on a platter.

The author has raised an excellent thread. Views expressed by other authors are valid and logical. Congress has no limit of fall. Central government should reject the shiddarthramaiaha's govt proposal. People must understand the dirty politics being played by congress.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

The BJP benefited by polarising. The same tactic is being used by the Congress in Karnataka. Whatever the political parties may gain or lose is temporary but for the people of India, who are the ultimate losers, it will be a permanent scar.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

The previous response has stated: "The BJP benefited by polarising. The same tactic is being used by the Congress in Karnataka." - In actuality, BJP benefitted and will get benefit by the constant effort of Congress and other casteist parties to divide Hindu votes and consolidate minority votes. People from all castes and communities are understanding (some slowly, some quickly) the dirty, divisive game.

Karnataka will bid goodbye to Sid in the next election.

These days the Karnataka government started a different type of attitude. The decision of having a separate flag for the state. Karnataka is also a part of India and in such case why a separate flag and there is no logic in this. Tomorrow they will have their own National Anthem written someone in their state. These all will affect the party's credibility. I don't think this will help in any way to the party to win the coming election.
    Another controversy in bringing another Religion by splitting Hindu Religion. Why is this? Already India is getting affected with dirty games that are being played by the Politicians in the name of reservations to some religions and castes. Probably they may of the impression that all Lingayats will vote to their party by this move. But they should also know that they will lose the votes of remaining Hindus. How Congress government is taking these decisions which will harm the party more than getting benefitted.

drrao
    always confident

#630288: The voters of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh understood well the situation and expressed it in their voting pattern. Regarding Karnataka, it may also go the way of Goa, Manipur, and some others. The BJP need not necessarily win. They can form the government by any means.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

• Sign In to post your comments