You must Sign In to post a response.
A round of applause for our creative ISCians who participated in the photo story contest, whether they bagged a prize or not!
  • Category: Winners

Photo story contest winners

Some really unusual entries were submitted for the Photo story contest based on the photo submitted by Sun. It has been decided to award more prizes than those announced.

The winner of the contest is Jagriti Sharma for thinking out of the box with her unique perspective. The prize: Rs.250 + Certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.

The runner-up winners are Srimathi and Aruna Kathirvel. Both of them will receive a cash award of Rs.200/-.

The third prize winner is Venkat Satish Mamidisetti. He gets a cash award of Rs.150/-.

Three consolation prizes of Rs.100/- each are being awarded to Vij, Kailash Kumar and Nilesh.

Thanks, everyone, for your enthusiastic participation and Congratulations to all the winners for their lovely writings!

We will soon be giving all valid entries minimum 10 points and non-winning participants will be given enhanced points & cc as well.
    My heartiest congratulations to the winner of the contest Jagriti Sharma, runner up winners Shrimathi and Aruna Kathirvel, third prize winner Venkat Satish Mamidisetti and fellow consolation prize winners Vij and Nilesh.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Congrats Jagriti Sharma, Srimathi, Aruna Kathirvel, Venkatsatish Mamidisetti, Vij, Kailashkumar & Nilesh. Wonderful writing on Sun's Photograph. Well done. Keep up your creative writing.
    No life without Sun

Hearty congratulations to all the winners for their respective awards.
    This was really an imaginative and interesting contest where so many entries were also received.

Knowledge is power.

My hearty congratulations to Jagriti Sharma, Srimathi, Aruna Kathirvel, Venkatsatish Mamidisetti, Vij, Kailashkumar & Nilesh for winning photo story contest awards. I am glad that I have also submitted an entry in this contest though I have not one any prize but happy by participating.
    Honesty is the best policy.

My congratulations to all prize winners of photo story contest.

Congratulations to Ms. Jagriti Sharma, the first prize winner, Ms. Shrimathi and Ms. Aruna Kathirvel, the second prize winners, Mr. Venkat, the third prize winner and Mr. Kailash Kumar, Mr. Vij and Mr. Nilesh, the consolation prize winners. All the stories were very imaginative and I personally enjoyed the contest.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Congratulations to all the contest winners, a very good photo contest. Thanks to Mr.Sun and our ME for organizing it.

Thank you team for recognizing my entry. My hearty congratulations to the winners.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Hearty Congrats Jagriti Sharma, Srimathi, Aruna Kathirvel, Venkatsatish Mamidisetti, Vij, Kailashkumar & Nilesh. All of them participated well and they truly deserve the respective prizes announced against their names.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Heartiest congratulations to all the winners. Post good articles and forum threads to share knowledge to others by your creativity and consistency. Best of luck for the next contest.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Congratulations to all the winners. The concept of the contest and all the entries were nice.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Though I appreciate the ME's effort and congratulate the members declared as winners of the contest, my feeling is that No award winning member had a thorough look at the photograph and wrote the story. All the winners wrote about the cyclist only. None had noticed a laptop on that photo with India study channel backround. None had a mention about it. And no prize (even consolation prize) was awarded for the member who had the complete view of the photograph and wrote the story. I would say "Poor Judgement of the Photo story contest".

Is there any explanation from the ISC ME ?

No life without Sun

My heartiest congratulations to the winners of the photo contest Jagriti Sharma, runner up Shrimathi and Aruna Kathirvel, third prize winner Venkat Satish Mamidisetti and consolation prize winners Vij and Nilesh.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Sun, you congratulate the winners in response #630388 and then post #630453 as an afterthought? The ones who judged the contest did, at the very outset, discuss the entries in relation to the photo in its entirety and even though only a couple of entries mentioned the laptop, it was decided to go ahead with the final decision of the winners based on the association with the cycle/cyclist. We who judge painstakingly write notes of each entry in a document, covering all angles, then have an intense discussion which may run into days, sometimes an entire week, and then only decide on the final merit list. Respect contest decisions please instead of questioning them when you do not get a prize.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of the Photo story contest! The participating members had come up with creative ideas and it was well contested.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

Congratulations to all the winners of photo story contest.

I have read the comments of Mr. SuN. I can't comment on others' stories. As far as I am concerned, I did notice the laptop and in my mind, I created a link between the robot of my story and the laptop. I wanted to say that the activity of the robot delivering pizza is being monitored from the new restaurant. But as my story got lengthier, I did not include the matter in my story. But I think that Mr. SuN's observation is justified.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Vandana,
    I respected the judgement. Hence I congratulated the members. However, I wanted to burst out my feeling in a separate response. I did so. It is not my dissatisfaction against not winning a prize for my entry. It is a general feeling that members who have not observed the laptop and ISC in the photo have been awarded prizes. All looked at the big green colour and ignored the laptop and its small letters. 'Very Poor' I must repeat and say. The member who covered the entire photo should be considered for an award.

No life without Sun

My hearty congratulations to all the winners in the contest. I wish they will continue their good work and keep on winning more and more awards in the coming days. My appreciations and Thanks to SUN for the concept initiation and to ME for converting this into an official contest.
    drrao
    always confident

Sun,

The 'poor' and 'very poor' tags were really unfair. Nevertheless, to give you a hearing & be agreeable to understand others' point of view, I will be initiating a separate thread to discuss the issue which you have raised of photo story contests . I had planned to do so today itself, but did not get time for it & presently at work. Let this thread be solely for the winners to celebrate & for fellow members to convey their congratulatory wishes.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Madam Vandana,
    It would be nice if you give a hearing, but don't take it very seriously if you are very busy and have no time to spare. One member has already justified my complaint. Let this be a lesson learnt for the future photo story contests to judge fairly. May God bless.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to all winners of the contest. This contest motivated me to write the first story my life. Congratulations to all the members once again.

Hearty congratulations to Jagriti Sharma for being the winner of the photo story contest, Shrimathi and Aruna Kathirvel for being the runner ups, Venkat Satish Mamidisetti for being the winners of thrid prize and also congratulations to consolation prize winners Vij and Nilesh.
    Regards,
    Ramya

My hearty congratulations to the winner of the photo story contest. I also congratulate the runner-ups, third prize winner and the consolation prize winners of this contest. Looking forward to seeing more contest like this.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Hearty Congratulations to all the winners and the participants as well for writing out of the box stories!

• Sign In to post your comments