You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you linked your Aadhar number with the IRCTC website for booking rail tickets?

For booking up to six e-tickets through IRCTC website, no Aadhar verification is required. However, more than 6 tickets and the maximum of 12 e-tickets in a month can be booked by linking the Aadhaar number with IRCTC account.

Also adding Aadhar number in the 'Master List' against passengers name enables the system to recognise the age of the passenger and ask the choice of the passenger to avail concession available for senior citizens or not in eligible cases, at the time of booking of ticket.

It is noteworthy that male passengers of 60 years and above are eligible for 40% concession in fare in all classes and female passengers of 58 years and above are eligible for 50% concession in fare in all classes.

Have you linked your Aadhar number with the IRCTC website for booking rail tickets?
    Yes I have linked my aadhaar card to IRCTC and eligible to book 12 ticket per month but still rule is confusing that its total 10 member on ticket or each ticket may have 6 ticket means maximum 72 member ticket can be booked in month.

Aadhaar linking will not help much because people are making multiple account with all his family members on IRCTC to get away from this restriction.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

No need to link Aadhaar number. It is not mandatory now. We can leave the column blank. But we should carry any identity proof to prove that we are senior citizen above 60/58 years. Six members is a big number, and I don't travel in groups, and the frequency of my rail travel is limited to one or two or three journey only.
    No life without Sun

I have not linked my Aadhar with IRCTC. Now I think it is mandatory. For availing senior citizen concession we need not link author. We should carry an age proof while travelling and should produce for verification if any inspector asks you. We have to carry the original only not xerox copy.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments