You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How to tolerate the criticism of your posts in social media?

Have you ever been criticized in social media? How did you handle such situations? Share your life experiences and show the path to others.

We are in an era of internet where a large number of people are interacting with each other in social media. It so happens sometimes that we get support for our views while some other times we get a critical review of our ideas and sometimes it also happens that our ideas are vehemently condemned by some people which may be hurting and even painful to us.

How to tolerate such comments on our posts or ideas in social media? What is your opinion on this issue?
    A very good and timely thread from Mr. Umesh. Sometimes I feel contemptuous and ignore criticisms. Sometime I feel disheartened when I read the illogical criticisms. But in some rare occasions, the logical criticisms force me to re-think deeply. And in some rarest of rare cases, the criticisms/ views have forced me to change my views. I deeply respect such critics.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

We tend to share many posts in social media as local and political views. Sometimes people might get into that person more deeply and tend to give bad comments and ratings for the post. The best way is to avoid such criticism and move forward in our life, as we have much to learn from our surroundings.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

When we post something in social media some people appreciate and some people may not appreciate but criticise. It is all in the game. If there is something constructive then take the criticism positively and try to improve upon. If you feel there is nothing valuable in the criticism just laugh and ignore.
    It is natural that some people may try to find hair on the ehh shell. That is the nature of the person. One of my relations is a good scholar. But he always used to criticise the works of other people without any point also to show that he is a good scholar. Initially people used to take him seriously. But his attitude was known to all they stopped even asking his opinion on their works.
    Always every coin will have two sides. We can't have both the sides the same way. It is the law of nature.

drrao
    always confident

I agree to @Partha. We should be ready to be bold to accept the criticism once we come out and particularly in social media one should have more courage and that is why many people though they are very clever and skilled, they will not write in social media while some after sometime they leave the social media but for some they have really strong to accept the criticism and proceed.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I agree with Mr Partha. I generally never argue with other people. I always want to share my views. It is not important that people agree with your views. If someone criticises my view I never argue. Everyone has a right to present their views. So, it is the best method to ignore it. Some people have found of arguing in nonsense manner.
    Honesty is the best policy.

When you find no problem on pointing out other's behaviour and commenting about it, you should be ready to answer when someone throw question about your behaviour. Criticism is a part of our life most importantly in social media where all kind of people are available. You can not only expect praising for what you write. I have been directly or indirectly get criticised for my behaviour, arrogant, jealous, egoist, illiterate, Shark, aggressive, what not! Initially I used to get hurt too but not any more. I try to give my criticism a fitting reply whenever it comes to me. And you can only do it when you know you are true and honest to your own self.

Where most of the people try to show up like next to Lord Maryada Purushottam RAMA, I try to be a simple person with having all human natural behaviour. Because I know I am not a saint even if I try to show up for others.

Answer your criticism if you are true and honest to yourself instead of getting hurt and posting such thread to get sympathy.

The society or on a smaller scale any group of people is composed of individuals of different backgrounds and intellectual levels. Take the example of ISC. All of its members are not of same opinion on any given subject matter . Therefore, they respond differently in their own manner on any content posted by fellow authors.

Though agreeing in general with the author of the thread that it does hurt when negative criticism is received but at the same time there is no real solution of the problem. We should tread ahead by adopting 'forget and forgive' policy.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Just keep on looking at & adopting the things which will improve your participation as well as quality of jobs. The criticizing will let you know about your weaknesses & simultaneously we come to know about what needs to be done to improve.

If you don't like then ignore.

When you are in social media means you must be open to praise, applause, good remarks, bad remarks and even defamation case. Social media is closely followed by some people with seriousness and they wont mind to retarding immediately if something wrong written about them. For example Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal was very much active on social media. Even since elections to North India was over and he was facing lots of cases from many, he started seeking pardon through social media and thus forced to change his view point against what is appearing in social media which is the right for any one to publish his or her views in daring manner.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments