You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is such name allowed?

I am forced to raise this in a new thread because the relevant thread (Alert for ISCians - Name Change Policy) has been locked. The thread of the ME has given detailed instructions regarding the types of names which the ISC administration prefers.

In this context, I must say that in ISC, I see many peculiar names. As for example, just now I see that a Member named 'Golu' is presently online. I would like to know whether Mr. Golu knows the extant policy of ISC regarding names, or not.

If Mr. Golu is not aware of the policy, one of the Editors may kindly intimate Mr. Golu in this regard.
    Partha,

Let's leave it to the Webmasters to take the decision on which name is allowed and which is not. It is highly inappropriate to refer to somebody's name as being "peculiar" just because you find it so. Somebody may look at your name as being extremely strange, isn't it?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.