You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The hidden facts behind what we are seeing daily.

We are seeing many things around us but we don't know the facts behind it.
    1.the pigeons and other birds have 'magnetoreception' power with which they feel the nearness of ground at any distance. Because of this only earlier the pigeons were used for mailing letters.
    2.the shark also has the magnetosphere in them with which they create small electric vibration through saltiness in the ocean . This electric power is useful to sharks to find their food.
    3.the power of 'echolocation' possessed in bats helps them to know the direction,location of food, volume of food,forthcoming danger etc ,through the echo of sound raised by them
    4.the numbers mentioned in the railway compartmetsdenotes the year of manufacturing and sequent number if that bogi. For example a number in the bogi as 775660 denotes that is 5660th bogi in the year 77 as the first two digit denotes the year of manufacturing and remaining is serial noor production.
    Thanks to the author for bringing out good information on some points which are important. I travelled many times in trains and I have seen the numbers on bogies also. But I never know the details given here. Incidentally, I am travelling to my native place by train and I will try to observe the number of the compartment in which I am travelling so that I can understand the year of manufacturing of that compartment.
    drrao
    always confident

A nice collection of information, many animals and birds follow the magnetic field of the Earth and use it for migration and returning to the area where they we born(hatched).

In India, there a place called Jatinga, Assam where in birds often die in large number, one of the reasons put forth is the disturbance in the way they perceive the magnetic fields. Similarly cows grazing in the field are often said to align themselves in a 'north south' direction without depending on the time and season.

Nice information provided by the author. And I thought the number of the bogies mentioned is the serial number of such carriages being made so far and hence it was running number.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Here I want to add one more information that in every bogie of the goods train, there is a date for "return" which is the date that the bogie must come back to the base depot for repairs.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This was a nice piece of information. Thanks to the author for sharing this.
    Do what inspires you !!

Adding to the pool of information shared by the author, the system of numbering train numbers is as follows -

Trains have a 5 digit number, the first digit indicating the type of train e.g.

0 is for special trains (e.g., summer specials, holiday specials, etc.)
    1 is for all long-distance trains, including the Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Jan Sadharan, Sampark Kranti, Garib Rath, Duronto, and other classes.
    2 is also for long-distance trains; it is to be used when train numbers starting with 1 are exhausted in any series.
    3 is for Kolkata suburban trains.
    4 is for suburban trains in Chennai, New Delhi, Secunderabad, and other metropolitan areas.
    5 is for passenger trains with conventional coaches
    6 is for MEMU trains
    7 is for DMU (DEMU) and railcar services.
    8 is currently reserved
    9 is for Mumbai area suburban trains

In the trains starting with digits '0', '1', or '2', the remaining 4 digits signify the railway zone and division. For other classes of trains, the remaining digits are used in a few different ways.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• Sign In to post your comments