You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today Is A "Martyrs Day"...

This is to remember the sacrifice and pay homage to the,
    1. Bhagat Singh,
    2. Shivaram Rajguru and
    3. Sukhdev Thapar.

On March 23, 1931, 7:30 am, Bhagat Singh along with his comrades Rajguru and Sukhdev were hanged in Lahore Jail. It is said that the trio proceeded quite cheerfully towards the gallows while chanting their favourite slogans like "Inquilab Zindabad" and "Down with British Imperialism". At the time of their execution, Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev Thapar were just 23 years old. And Shivaram Rajguru was only 22 when he was hanged on March 23.

The Sentences Offered :-
    Sardar Bhagat Singh # Hanged till death
    Rajguru - Hanged till death
    Sukhdev - Hanged till death
    M Kishori Lal # - Deportation
    M Jaideb Kapoor - Deportation
    Shiv Verma - Deportation
    Batukeshwar Datt - Life Imprisionment
    Jatendra Nath # Died in Jail
    Let me offer my respects to the trio who sacrificed their lives at a very early stage of life for the cause of their motherland. It is good that this day is declared as Martyrs Day to remember the sacrifice and pay homage to them.
    Today we are all enjoying our life in this independent country because of the sacrifices made by many such people. We all shout be thankful to them. Every Indian should offer their respects to the departed trio for their excellent work in attaining independence to our country.

drrao
    always confident

My heartfelt respect to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Batukeshwar Dutt, Jatindra Nath, Kishori Lal, Shiv Verma and Jaidev Kapur. Only because of their sacrifice, we are now living in an independent India.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

My respects to the great patriots of the country Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev. Young lives lost in the freedom struggle of India. Long live their memories.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I am also joining along with others in paying homage to our great martyrs Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Batukeshwar Dutt, Jatindra Nath, Kishori Lal, Shiv Verma and Jaidev Kapur who were bold and energetic even when awarding the sentence of death and such kind of freedom fighters are rare to be seen in future. Such is there courage, even today we are talking and remembering about them. For those joining the Armed forces surely the above names would be great inspiration and their acts of courage would set as a example as to how to stand against odds even when the death seems to be imminent.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Our respects to these brave young men who fought for our freedom. In honor of these men, stamps have been released by India. There is one 1968 stamp that features Bhagat Singh. Another 2013 stamp released by India post which has Rajguru and the statue of the three martyrs. One special cancellation (2012) from Gorakhpur depicts the round seal having a noose with their names in the middle that symbolically depicts what happened.

Besides paying my tribute to the martyre trio, I have to share that in India, there are several days declared as Martyrs' Day in honour of those who are recognised as martyrs for the nation.

1. 30 January is the date observed at the national level as it marks the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi in 1948.
    2. The anniversary of the deaths of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru on 23 March, 1931.
    3. 21 October is Police Martyrs' Day observed by police departments nationwide.
    4. The birthday of Rani Lakshmibai, 19 November 1828, is observed as Martyrs' Day in the region.
    5. Orissa observes 17 November, the death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai as Martyrs Day

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.