You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I support the proposal of SDMC

In my neighbourhood, many families have pet dogs. Every morning and evening, the dog-owners take out their pets for exercising and relieving. Whenever these dogs of foreign breed come out with their owners, the street dogs start shouting. It creates lots of nuisance.

But, the dogs, both pet dogs and street dogs relieve themselves on the road, creating a major problem for the pedestrians, morning-walkers and young children. Today, I have read that South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) is bringing a proposal where the dog-owners are required clear the excreta of their pet dogs. Otherwise, they have to pay a hefty fine starting from Rs. 500/-.

I hope this will help maintenance of cleanliness on the public roads. I fully support the proposal of SDMC and demand proper execution of the same.
    In USA, there is law which requires the dog owners to immediately remove the feces and dispose of it in a sanitary manner, by replacing in a closed or sealed container and depositing in a trash receptacle. Every violation of any provisions of the law is punishable with a fine of $20.00 i.e. about Rs.1300. However, blind persons accompanied by a guiding dog are exempted from this law.

While walking, the dog owner carry a suitable bag or container for the purposes of removing feces. During my sojourns in USA, we actually witness such instances. Many owners carry a disposal glove also for picking the feces.

India is presently busy in coping up with human excetra.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Good that South Delhi Municipality came with the a wonderful proposal to punish the pet owners if they fail to clear the excreta done by their dogs otherwise face hefty fines. In fact near my colony, I have seen notice boards of warning pet owners not to let loose their pets to relieve of nature calls on the plants, vehicle tyres and other places of public movements. I think pet owners must have the responsibility to train the pets not to relieve at their own will and instead wait for masters instruction. In fact we must appreciate the SDMC new law which also comes under Swatch Bharath clean program.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is good proposal by SDMC Many places we see this problem. Early morning the bosses of these pet dogs take them on the road to see that will answer the nature calls on the road and they need not worry of cleaning. If it is in the house the cleaning is to done by them. This will make the roads dirty and will be creating unhealthy and unclean condition.To avoid this problem SDMC has taken a wise decision and a positive step. But if the people won't understand the importance and follow the rule no one can make somebody to implement it. In our country smoking is prohibited in public places. But how many people are following this rule.The mindset of the persons has to change. Otherwiise, implementing these rules is not that easy.
    drrao
    always confident

The imposing of fine by SDMC is a welcome thing and it will help to maintain the cleanliness in the areas.

It is really a very unfortunate matter that people do not have attiquettes and manners for management of excretion by their pets. It is good to have pets but it is also equally important that as a member of the society the person who is having the pets should take all the responsibilities connected with it.

Imposing a fine definitely will discourage these people to leave behind the excretion and will have to collect it in polythene bag separately.

Until unless we punish these people severely, they will not learn to improve their ways. This is definitely a good move on the part of SDMC.

Knowledge is power.

In a country where we don't fear jumping traffic signals in the absence of a policeman to regulate traffic, I am not sure how effective this new rule by the SDMC is going to be effective. Why talk about dogs when we ourselves don't mind easing ourselves at suitable places on public roads? I agree with Dr. Rao that our mindset needs to change if such instructions are to be effective.

The authorized statement by Mohan at #630876 that pets should be trained to relieve only on the orders of the master is quite amusing. No wonder, we have so many Utopian ideas being floated by the authorities; they are after all chosen by people like us!

'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

• Sign In to post your comments